Converting torrent for file to a torrent for a folder

pixymisa

I do not know whether it is possible to do this and maintain compatibilty with the original torrent.

I like to download everything to a folder. I would like is a way to convert a torrent that was created for a file into a torrent for a file in a folder.

Curently, what I do with a torrent created for a file is manually create the folder where the file would be placed then rename the torrent to the folder name. Sometimes when renaming the torrent to the folder name, the file that is written is renamed to the folder name and I need to manually rename the file back to its original name and play around with utorrent to get the torrent named as the folder name and keep the file name intact.

If there is an easier trick that one can use with the existing utorrent to accomplish what I desire then I would surely like to use it.

Hmm... I deliberately use an older version of utorrent, but I think the opening procedure is the same. When adding a new torrent, the dialog window displays the Save as... field. I simply correct the default path to a new one, for example:

e:\downloads\big_bang_bong_xvid_etc.torrent

to

e:\downloads\bigbang\big_bang_bong_xvid_etc.torrent

That's all. And the file is saved into a new subfolder

• 3 weeks later...

I see. Instead of navigating to a folder which would need to be created if it does not exist, the folder name may be entered in the "Save In" leaving the value in "Name" alone. Then after the torrent has been added, I could modify the name of the torrent that is displayed to match the folder name without cauing utorrent to create a file with the folder name instead of the file name. The only got-you with this is that should I ever want to move the torrent file to a different location, I need to remember to reset the name back to the file name before altering the folder location. Otherwise, the file will be renamed to match the folder name and I will probabaly have to put in some effort to find out what was the original file name so I can restore it.

Archived