uTorrent closes as soon as it opens

mjrsting

I've had uTorrent installed on my Lenovo T530 laptop running Windows 7 64 bit and everything had been working great!  One of the last things I loaded for my son (so he can do his programming class homework) was Alice 2.0 and Microsoft C# (which loaded Microsoft SQL Server 2008).  

Now when I go to launch uTorrent, it launches and opens the main uTorrent window, but then promptly closes.  I brought up Task Manager and I can see uTorrent run and then it disappears.  I get no error messages at all and all other programs seem to be working without issue.  I thought I would try to uninstall and reinstall, but when I go into "Control Panel/Uninstall a Program" and click Uninstall, it briefly brings up the "Are you sure you want to uninstall uTorrent", and that window closes too!

I was able to finally get it uninstalled by being very quick before the window closed, ran Wise Registry Cleaner to clean up any lingering "stuff", and reinstalled the latest greatest version and still uTorrent will not run.  I've tried setting uTorrent to run as Administrator as well as running in compatibility mode (XP SP3)...still no go.

I've looked here on the forum and don't see anything that is similar to my issue so that's why I'm asking.

I really need to keep my son's programming software installed at least until school is out in June, so I'm not sure if that's the issue or not.

If anyone can help or has any other suggestions, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks!

Marc

Archived