Issues after hibernating

SaNdMaN82

Hello.

I've notified that after hibernation, utorrent has issues with resuming the tasks it had... When computer was hibernated, I was only seeding a few torrents... I woke up the computer, and added a new torrent for download...

The torrent I added was a magnet link...

After 5 minutes, it was still trying to download the metadata, and the seeding torrents were not seeding...

After closing and re opening utorrent, metadata was downloaded in less than 5 seconds, and seeding started right away...

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

What is your uTorrent version/build#? Try with pref.->bandwidth->Limit uTP/management -> unchecked

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the version (installed a few days ago):

screenshot_134.png

Now, I've returned home after the office, and the pc was hibernated since I instructed utorrent to do so once downloads completed...

This is the scenario:

screenshot_134.png

(pc has been up for about 5 minutes)...

I know that's broken... Updating the trackes does not help, even though I noticed this was not the issue since they were working prior the update...

But if I 'recycle' utorrent, this happens:

screenshot_134.png

Not even 30 seconds after utorrent starts, torrents start seeding again...

I really don't want to play with utp management, since I had serious issues trying to limit the bandwidth used by utorrent...

Thanks.

Play? It is broken, so I'd call it "fix". Be so kind and tell what IS this setting at your cliet. And no one is forcing you to try and help yourself to possibly fix it...

Maybe I didn't explain myself, English is not my native language...

I had issues with making utorrent respect the limit speeds I set for both upload and download... I may be wrong, but I think that if I disable the setting you mentioned, I would have issues with throttling the speeds.

I could give it a shot though...

And yes, I had to solve the speed issue by myself , since the thread I opened for that issue didn't pay out...

Stop the torrents before hibernation, hibernate then start the torrents after hibernation. This works for me.

Mmm... But that can not be done if I set utorrent to hibernate the PC once that tasks complete... That's done automatically...

I think utorrent should take into account that this scenario is quite possible, and consider taking proper action automatically...

I'll see if changing the parameter the previous user mentioned changes something...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

You are correct. This will in fact not enable you to limit the speed. It was aimed as a temporary/possible solution to the issue of this thread...

Also, if you set utorrent to auto-hibernate when *everything* is done (not download only) - it might be OK too...

You are correct. This will in fact not enable you to limit the speed. It was aimed as a temporary/possible solution to the issue of this thread...

Also, if you set utorrent to auto-hibernate when *everything* is done (not download only) - it might be OK too...

The thing is that here in Argentina, the connections are quite asymmetrical...

I can download at about 770kbs... and upload about 40-50k...

You can see that I can even at full speeds, download a lot faster than upload...

To save energy, I do not want to leave the computer on just for 'upload'...

So that's why I hibernate after downloads complete, and then I upload the content while I'm using the computer ;)

That's also why I do not shut the computer down, becase I want to seed while I use the PC. ;)

Stop the torrents when you start the computer and start them again. Let us know if this works.

Will give that a try, but that's a work around... That's like closing utorrent and opening again...

I'll comment on the results...

Thanks.

Everything mentioned in this thread is a workaround. This is a bug... And shutting down the *is* a good solution too (even in Argentina... :-) ) , since it *will* auto-resume the seeding if you will simply set to auto-start utorrent with Windows...

Archived