utorrent hogging enormous bandwidth but not using it

zezidud

uTorrent is using over 25% of my gigabit bandwidth but downloading and uploading very slowly, often below 1 kbps.  There's an occasional spike in the transfers but mostly it's VERY, VERY SLOW in both directions.  I'm completely mystified.  What in the world is going on?  I've never seen this behavior before and I've been using uTorrent a long time.  

I see that this is not a very active forum.  Is there some other place where I can maybe get an answer?

...and I notice that I'm registered as a ""Newbie" even though I signed up years ago and like to think I know uTorrent backwards and forwards.  I think this is the first time I've posted anything here so I suppose that's it, but it will also be the last time unless somebody answers fairly soon, ....

... and so... what exactly is a "Newbie?"  

Oh, thanks for responding.  I can't pin it on uTorrent for certain sure, but I see this very high bandwidth utilization in the Network tab of the Task Manager with only uTorrent running.  Then if I exit uTorrent, the bandwidth usage drops back to a normal rate.     

Archived