Open trackers down?

Shinelikethunder

The most commonly used open trackers udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce, udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce and udp://tracker.istole.it:80/announce have not been working for me for several days now. They all return "Connection timed out." Other public trackers like http://exodus.desync.com:6969/announce and udp://9.rarbg.com:2710/announce are working. Are others having the same problem, or is something blocking my access to specific trackers?

• 4 weeks later...

The websites of the three big trackers running erdgeist opentracker

now all recommend using the following set of trackers:

• udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969
  • udp://open.demonii.com:1337
  • udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969

The last entry in that list (coppersurfer) recommends an additional three trackers:

• udp://exodus.desync.com:6969
  • udp://tracker.pomf.se
  • udp://tracker.blackunicorn.xyz:6969

Hi I have the same problem.

I use Peerblock 1.2 and found that if I disable it most of the UDP trackers will work, though there are a few that still don't update.

By a tedious process of elimination,disabling lists one at a time, I discovered two lists which were blocking trackers (sorry I can't remember the names, 

uTorrent's own IP blocklist didn't have any effect so I presume it's ok.

Hope this helps. If you're using Peerblock, just try running uTorrent without Peerblock for a few minutes and see if it helps.

It is still blocking some trackers so there must be another entry in one of the other lists

Archived