Does utorrent automatically connect thru expressVPN?

Mahuatyl

Hello folks,

I've been a utorrent user for many years now, and have just recently needed to use a VPN. I did a little research and ended up getting expressVPN. Do I need to change any configurations or settings in utorrent to have these two programs work properly together? I've read that ip binding (?) might be needed, and I'm a bit of a noob, so everything I read seems a little out of my league. Can anyone explain to me the process (if needed) of making sure utorrent is using expressVPN and isn't sharing anything if it isn't? Honestly, I'm afraid to start up utorrent until I know it's using the VPN, and fearful to walk away from my pc if it might very well revert back to my actualy ip.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks ( :

• 2 months later...

I just bought ExpressVPN, and wanted to know the same thing?

I didn't see anything on ExpressVPN's web site on utorrent.

I saw a video on youtube were a guy uses PIA, I could follow those instructions, but I'm not sure if ExpressVPN would use the same socks and port.

Please let me know, Thanks.

I just used a checkmytorrentipaddress tool, and it was changed, so I guess you don't have to change any of the settings in utorrent.

How do you just get utorrent to go through the vpn, and your normal internet to go through your normal connection?

I just bought ExpressVPN, and wanted to know the same thing?

I didn't see anything on ExpressVPN's web site on utorrent.

I saw a video on youtube were a guy uses PIA, I could follow those instructions, but I'm not sure if ExpressVPN would use the same socks and port.

Please let me know, Thanks.

I just used a checkmytorrentipaddress tool, and it was changed, so I guess you don't have to change any of the settings in utorrent.

How do you just get utorrent to go through the vpn, and your normal internet to go through your normal connection?

Why don't you just contact ExpressVPN and ask them? If you using it then you should ask them for support on using their ExpressVPN. Utorrent isn't affliated or connected to ExpressVPN support. Why someone would ask for support in another software that isn't utorrent program.

Archived