My port is open, the green tick is present....however, there are no incoming connections...I am totally confused. Help!

dj478

This is a tough one. I have heard that when you have the green tick everything should be fine, but this is not the case with this scenario. I'm using AVG...this occured like a thief in the night...it used to work perfectly for years, no problems. Then one day I noticed that it stuck on loading the torrent preview and then went on to stick on connecting to peers. It would stay stuck on connecting to peers forever. My computer is in a safe room where I am pretty sure that no one could have tampered with it and the utorrent settings. I changed my router from a Zhone to a Comtrend. This did not solve the problem. I have my firewall (windows) turned completely off. I have no added firewall programs. This did not solve the problem either. I disabled AVG and tried it again, this did not work. I began to experiment with the port forwarding. Still no success. When I run the utorrent diagnostics it says that the port is open, as evidenced by the green tick. I am not using proxy settings. I use auto-detect and the web browsing works fine. I do not use a static IP. I contacted my ISP who sounded as though they did no changes to their system and said that it was probably the firewall. The firewall was the first thing I disabled and checked so here I am at utorrent itself searching for a solution. I don't know if this might help but I also noticed that my MMORPG's stopped connecting to their servers around the same time I began experiencing this problem. Notice the green tick at the right-bottom corner of the utorrent window (see screenshot).

post-380748-0-59088700-1422661921_thumb.

Ok. This is now resolved. I did not know that modems have firewalls built into their mini-operating system. This was the case with my setup. This is a wonderful guide to anyone eperiencing this problem as well. If your utorrent is not connecting to the port on your router, it's due to a firewall. If you have your windows firewall turned off as well as your anti-virus firewall and other third party firewalls, and it's still not connecting, check your modem. Most modern modems have a firewall built into them. Reset the modem and you will be back online in no time (there is a reset button on most modems, press it). The default setting for most modems is firewall off. However, if the default for your modem is firewall on, just log into it and set it to 'off'.

Archived