DHT: Waiting to Log In

jensenholmes

I have been using BitTorrent 7.9.2 for some time and it worked great. But in the past 4 days, my download speed stopped and now won't work at all. I have "DHT: Waiting to log in" at the bottom of my screen and the torrent just say "Finding Peers" with the infinity symbol for seeds. Nothing moves.

I tried disabling my McAcfee firewall (which was on before when BitTorrent worked, but it was worth a try). That didnt' change anything. I set the 'Settings->BitTorrent->Protocol Encryption Outgoing' to enabled, as I saw recommended elsewhere, but that didn't help.

Anyone know who I can get it running again? I'm willing to upgrade to pro if that will really solve the problem, but I'm afraid it wouldnt' help.

By the way, based on other suggestions in other similar threads, I downloaded VUZE and am running it. It is working right now -- getting over 800kB/s download speed. Hopefully it won't do what bitTorrent did and stop working.

Anyone know if BitTorrent pro will stop this issue? Or how to get around it in BitTorrent?

Thank you for responding DreadWingKnight. I thought I was posting in the same Troubleshooting BitTorrent folder in which I saw similar threads. Perhaps a mod can move if it's in the wrong place.

If McAfee is causing the problem, why was I able to run BitTorrent before without issue and now I can run Vuze? Nothing has changed in my McAfee settings and disabling the firewall makes no difference. 

Archived