Thank you, Utorrent staff

muddledmind

First off, long term user of utorrent. That said... I'd like to personally thank the utorrent staff for allowing epic scale to be placed on my computer unknowingly. Over the last week my computer had been getting steadily more slow and my graphics drivers were crashing more often than usual. It wasn't until my computer itself crashed following a series of bizzare artificing and screen clipping issues that I began looking into the issue. Alas, it was in fact much too late and the damage had been done by the time I realized what the problem was.

Today, about an hour ago, my graphics card officially died. I'm now computerless until I can manage to scrape up the cash to replace a GPU that was otherwise fine before unknowly installing a bit coin miner on my system.

So I'd like to personally thank you. If not for your greed and underhanded actions, I might have saved a couple hundred bucks. So again, thank you utorrent staff.

I hope it is not one of those top of the line discrete gaming GPUs with a few thousand stream processors, OUCH!!! that must HURT ALOT...  Luckily I had only run uTorrent on an old AMD system with a lousy IGP that don't even need or have a fan, perhaps 10watts & dual core AMD. Those discrete cards can suck upto a thousand watts when doing intensive work... It can cost you a few hundred in electricity alone...  Very Sorry to hear your GPU meltdown...  Maybe Brahm & his CEO can give you one of their spare GPU's :D  Fat chance of course... 

To OP unless you saved your HDD to prove otherwise any kinda reinbursment for your damaged GPU as a result of EpicFailure will be for nothing. I doubt they will own up to causing GPU damages from StealthWare install and will claim you permitted them to install it so you the consumer are responsible for what happened. Plausible deniablility is what will happen in your case regardless of what I or others might says should be done to fixed the damage EpicFail has done.

Most of those top-of-the-line discrete GAMING GPUs ARE NOT designed to be performing constantly at peak performance. They ran so HOT, I burnt myself on my hand when I accidentally touched the heatsink even after the system was OFF for a few minutes. 

That is why some GAMING addicts will spend a couple hundred dollars just for the special enhanced cooling in order to play their games more often without destroying their card or system.

I hope BitTorrent will auto inform and disable those millions of EpicWare infected computers with an update... But it's fat chance as it is making too much money for them to do such a thing.  They expect you to find out for yourself of their underhandedness and go online and read the special uninstall instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived