Crash on Torrent Creation

aceso2896

• Requested information:
  •  
    • your operating system
      • Windows 8.1
    • your current version of µTorrent (including build number)
      • Version 3.4.3 ; Build 40097
    • your ISP
      • AT&T (not relevant to current error]
    • any other software or connection settings you’re running that may interfere with µTorrent (including but not limited to: VPNs, proxies, firewalls, BTGuard and similar programs, and antivirus software)
      • None

Currently when I try to create a torrent it crashes about 3/4 of the way with the error:

Windows ran out of memory.  Unable to allocate 32768000 bytes.

Please close some applications and press OK.

I have it set to create one from a directory that holds 8 folders with a total of 562 files and a size of 30.6GB (32,922,134,328 bytes).  I've created torrents with this version that are much bigger with more files and no errors before.  I've also tried doing it folder by folder to distinguish the issue, but it creates it just fine.  When I go 4+ folders it starts having the issue again but with different numbers at the end.

Normally I would think it's an error in Windows, but I have 8GB of ram that never had an issue with bigger folders.  I've even double Virtual Memory page as that was a suggestion I found somewhere.  I did it after rebooting each time so nothing was opened as any programs started I killed the process too.

I'm attaching the dump files it created as I'm not sure if it'll help.  Not sure what viewer to view them under as notepad was unhelpful.  I even checked the box that said "Send Crash Report to Developers"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1aQHXYzplwfWjBMMHdhUnlXbEE/view?usp=sharing -- This is a link to the .rar file with 8 dumps that it did as I couldn't attach them to the post since they were bigger than the allowed amount.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of people, including me are getting this exact Windows error message when trying to create a new torrent. It seems to have started at the end of January 2015, probably after one of the Windows updates. The Kickass Torrents Community started a thread on May 10th, 2015 about this. I think it is a Windows problem. Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure something out. Is there anybody at the Bit Torrent Company that could contact Microsoft and come up with a solution?

Archived