connecting to peers

Dmc

There's a shopping list of reasons ranging from "Your internet security software is blocking uTorrent" to "The torrents you're choosing are outright dead".

We need more information from you including, but not limited to what internet security software you have installed, what internet provider you're using, and a screenshot showing the trackers tab with one of the problem torrents selected.

Hi

sorry I should have been more specific, my internet security is Norton, my internet provider is Telstra, this has been happening on and off for the last couple of months it will work one day and then not the next. I haven't changed any settings.

How do I attach screenshots?

I searched here and I couldn't find an adequate solution. I've been torrenting for 10 years and I've never had this problem before. I have around 50 torrents on queue, with a download maximum set at 5. Right now almost all of them say they're "connecting to peers" but there is clearly no progress. Maybe 1 or 2 of them will work at a time, usually with less than 1kb/s. This has been going on for several days and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Normally my connection works fine. We did just get a new router. It seemed to make my torrents much faster for the first week, but now they're completely dead. I don't know if that might have something to do with it.

Archived