uTorrent not loading VLC

ggurman

Yesterday, I started having a problem where double-clicking a MP4 file caused uTorrent to use its embedded viewer instead of VLC. I went into Preferences/Playback and made sure VLC was selected (specifically, "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --one-instance %1), but now, when I double-click a MP4 file, I get a message that says "Failed to launch player" and then "[]" on the line below.

I checked the path and it is correct. Is there something I can do to fix this? I assume that the reason this changed was that there was an automatic update yesterday. Is there a way to revert to the previous version?

Yesterday, I started having a problem where double-clicking a MP4 file caused uTorrent to use its embedded viewer instead of VLC. I went into Preferences/Playback and made sure VLC was selected (specifically, "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --one-instance %1), but now, when I double-click a MP4 file, I get a message that says "Failed to launch player" and then "[]" on the line below.

I checked the path and it is correct. Is there something I can do to fix this? I assume that the reason this changed was that there was an automatic update yesterday. Is there a way to revert to the previous version?

Nothing we can do this is your problem not something utorrent is to fix and you need to contact the torrent provider of your file or VLC why the problem playback.

Nothing we can do this is your problem not something utorrent is to fix and you need to contact the torrent provider of your file or VLC why the problem playback.

It happens with ALL videos, not a specific one. Even trying to playback with Windows Media Player, which is suggessted by the app itself.

I truely dont think its a User side issue but a uTorrent problem.

It happens with ALL videos, not a specific one. Even trying to playback with Windows Media Player, which is suggessted by the app itself.

I truely dont think its a User side issue but a uTorrent problem.

Wrong again...utorrent DN/UP it's up to you the user to figure it out why the file doesn't play. Otherwise you need to contact the torrent provider themselves and ask them why it doesn't work.

I just figured out what the problem was. I was going to post that it's with all MP4s, not a particular one, and that the file list looks different than it used to. I double-checked it so I could describe it and that's when I realized it was on the Playback tab instead of the Files tab. On the Files tab it works just fine. 

So, my question may have been based on an incorrect premise, but your answer wasn't just wrong, it was rude. Besides, even on the Playback tab, it should work as expected and not display an error. I suggest that you actually test changing the player and trying to open a MP4 on the Playback tab and see how it works for you instead of just assuming that I would post here after only having the problem with one file or without making sure it worked from the Windows folder. 

Edit: Actually, there's another problem here. I almost exclusively use the Files tab, but uTorrent keeps changing the view to the Playback tab, which is extremely annoying. I guess I'll post this as a separate thread.

I just figured out what the problem was. I was going to post that it's with all MP4s, not a particular one, and that the file list looks different than it used to. I double-checked it so I could describe it and that's when I realized it was on the Playback tab instead of the Files tab. On the Files tab it works just fine. 

So, my question may have been based on an incorrect premise, but your answer wasn't just wrong, it was rude. Besides, even on the Playback tab, it should work as expected and not display an error. I suggest that you actually test changing the player and trying to open a MP4 on the Playback tab and see how it works for you instead of just assuming that I would post here after only having the problem with one file or without making sure it worked from the Windows folder. 

Edit: Actually, there's another problem here. I almost exclusively use the Files tab, but uTorrent keeps changing the view to the Playback tab, which is extremely annoying. I guess I'll post this as a separate thread.

Since you posted no verison utorrent how would you expect others to know or see what your talking about. Why not post a screen shot that shouldn't be hard to do and that keeps others from guessing what is going on?

Since you posted no verison utorrent how would you expect others to know or see what your talking about. Why not post a screen shot that shouldn't be hard to do and that keeps others from guessing what is going on?

I took a screenshot and uploaded it to Google Drive, but when I tried to link it here, I got a message saying I can't link that type of file here. Any suggestions?

Figured it out. The screenshot is attached.

post-55567-0-12913600-1430604965_thumb.j

The video is fine and I AM using VLC. I just prefer to call VLC by double-clicking the file name in uTorrent. This works fine on the Files page, but not on the Playback page, which uTorrent switches to when I don't want it to.

The video is fine and I AM using VLC. I just prefer to call VLC by double-clicking the file name in uTorrent. This works fine on the Files page, but not on the Playback page, which uTorrent switches to when I don't want it to.

If this is a problem then you need to follow proper reporting rules for problems to the creators on here to fix the problem if that is the case.

Archived