Slow utorrent speeds

ptammaro_3

Hoping someone can help out.

I lost all my old settings for utorrent when forced to reinstall and now I'm no longer getting the same download speeds I was yesterday. I would typically download at about 1.4MB/s but now I'm lucky to get 0.5kb/s.

Whats strange is that it sometimes works fine then the speed slows to a crawl.

I've tried looking for guides on Google and YouTube but nothing seems to work.

Bit of a noob here so would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to a guide that would allow me to optimise utorrent please? Something easy to follow would be appreciated haha!

Below are speed test results and router stats through Sky broadband unlimited.

post-384584-0-15822500-1430823007_thumb.

post-384584-0-99169000-1430823005_thumb.

Scroll through the guide for any link that references topic number 15992 as that topic number is the same topic.

Switeck's settings are actually pretty straightforward to follow, just match up the numbers properly

Ok I'll give it a bash.

Before I start, how do I return utorrent to its default settings?

Ok, so my download speeds are now back to normal but I now can no longer browse the web when utorrent is downloading. If I shut utorrent down I can then surf as normal. It never used to behave like this, feel like I've fixed one problem and introduced another.

Any idea whats going on?

Hoping someone can help out.

I lost all my old settings for utorrent when forced to reinstall and now I'm no longer getting the same download speeds I was yesterday. I would typically download at about 1.4MB/s but now I'm lucky to get 0.5kb/s.

Whats strange is that it sometimes works fine then the speed slows to a crawl.

I've tried looking for guides on Google and YouTube but nothing seems to work.

Bit of a noob here so would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to a guide that would allow me to optimise utorrent please? Something easy to follow would be appreciated haha!

Below are speed test results and router stats through Sky broadband unlimited.

attachicon.gifSpeed.jpg

attachicon.gifRouter.jpg

Sounds like your ISP is detecting torrenting and throttling your bandwidth as a result of it when you use it. If your other internet usage goes as your subscribe speed but only torrent then you can guess they know your torrenting. Also did you consider the uploading might have speed limited their side thus you only get the speed they will allow the upload rate at. So there are multiple factors at work here and since you don't control the uploader speed and if ISP detects torrent they have every right to throttle your speed for doing so. Another test would be download the Open Office torrent and see what speeds you get and if it drops off that would mean they are watching your internet and when torrents start it auto throttle your internet.

Archived