No Seeds on A Specific Connection

SuperSpike66

SO-- I have been unable for several weeks to use utorrent and magnet links from pirate bay successfully at my girlfriend's house.

I click on the magnet link, and regardless of the # of seeds or peers reported on PB, my own download manager says 0 (0) under seeds and 0 (3) under peers. I do not think the #s were faked on PB because these numbers are constant for every magnet link I try, for any file, and the very same links work well when I am at a different connection.

With the same machine, the same utorrent, the same settings, etc., I have had no issue using utorrent to download content at hotels, my apartment, my school, etc. 

The status in my download manager stays stuck on "downloading metadata."

My trackers are as follows:

[DHT] status is "waiting for announce..."

[Local Peer Discovery] status is "working"

[Peer Exchange] status is "working"

Then I have 4 "udp://..." trackers, all of which have status as "Connection timed out."

Relevant information: I have a 2013 macbook air; my girlfriend's dad is a tech wizard and set up her internet connection and router, so he might have done something in the settings for her connection that interferes with something about my machine-- but he is a big torrenter himself so I doubt he would have set it up to make it impossible, probably just I need to tweak something

PLEASE HALP!

Archived