DHT and Tracker Question.

techmanc

I new pro user and I wanted to use my one post a day limit to ask for any DHT and Tracker info.

I am having problem when I using these items where they were no connecting automaticly and I seemed to fix DHC problem by lowering my Firewall settings on my FIOS Quantum Gateway router but not sure if I using correct solution to problem.

The Trackers seems like maany times they time out for a long time like 15mins and I can find any way around waiting for it to use the update tracker function other than shutting down utorrent and restarting program whivh always seem to reinintialize the d/l and restart them.

I am working through a proxy and that seems to be working great and I like the setup for faster d/l as opposed to running behind a VPN.

What settings might I need to make to get this working properly where new d/l always get connected with DTH and Trackers.

I am a newbie to this whole process but I can lean new things well as I am a Techie by trade so sorry if this info is easily found I like to get my own feedback here as well       TIA!

link to my quantum router if needed to see which one I am and will bee using for the future.

http://www.verizon.com/home/MLP/router.html?incid=myvzhero4_MYVZ_HERO_CTA_12_learn_more

Proxies usage will slow your torrent down and evident by your timing out means you need to find a more reliable proxy server to use that doesn't delay or time out after 15 min of waiting. I have  Netgear R6300 and didn't do any customization or port changes to make it work or router firewall setting to get it to work.

Proxies usage will slow your torrent down and evident by your timing out means you need to find a more reliable proxy server to use that doesn't delay or time out after 15 min of waiting. I have  Netgear R6300 and didn't do any customization or port changes to make it work or router firewall setting to get it to work.

I am getting full speed of my connection 3.2mbs on my 25/25 connection using the proxy so thats not a problem.

My problem is when I add new torrents they dont always kick in automaticly so I then turn utorrent off/on to get the stuck torrents woking which is not  a big deal but if I could get that as I am assuming its the way it should work to always connect and start d/l new  torrents automaticly.

Archived