Download schedule rate limits ignored

glottalpoly

System : Dell , Windows 7, utorrent 3.4.3

I am having a problem with scheduler rate limits. I have used utorrent for a decade or so with no "significant" issues (*). Lately my scheduler rate limits seem to have a mind of their own :

1. I set the scheduler times and rate limits.
  2. I switch on the scheduler.
  3. I check that the “{nn}” at the bottom of my utorrent window appears during schedule times.
  4. I check that the “{nn}” at the bottom of my utorrent window has the value that I expect.
  5. I go to bed, but in the morning …….
  6. From my ISP traffic  logs I can see that “unlimited” is happening at night (as expected and wanted).
  7. At 8am (when I set the scheduler to limit the download rate) the “{nn}” is correctly displayed. E.g. “20Kbps”
  8. The ACTUAL download rate Is five or six or even up to eight times that (today 150Kbps) – for me “unlimited” (max for my ISP).
  9. The ACTUAL upload rate also exceeds the defined maximum.

Why are  the download / upload rates not limited ? [it only seems to occur when schedule  "reverting" from unlimited to limited].

(*) I note that I have had that before – but I identified that torrents started with “Force” were excluded from limit calculations ( separate question – why ?) – but none of my torrents is force started.

Edit1 - As a new member I am not allowed aditional posts today (only one a day)  so can only edit - hope that you are alerted to edits.  I have attached a screen shot. Apply limit rates is not chedked - I will google  to find / understand the implications.

Edit2 - I am not allowed to reply to your post - only allowed to edit. Sigh. Anyway - yesterday  I ticked "apply rate limit" - and so far the rates have stayed within requested limits. It seems that the uTP option has been around for a while  not sure why I never had this problem before. Maybe "new" options should default to not changing configurations (where possible); just a thought.

post-387844-0-85780500-1435546180_thumb.

Did you have "apply rate limit to uTP connections" turned on or no?

Many thanks for your help. As per my original post (which I had to edit as  it wouldnt allow me to post a reply), I didnt have it set - but now I do.

My scheduler is set "unlimited" between 2am and 8am. This morning I checked my ISP - and downloads are consistent with that.

I checked utorrent before  8am , and saw it change from unlimited to 20Kb/s (as per the schedule table).

The ACTUAL rate was also within the requested limits. That was fine for a while (at least an hour) until midday today when I went to make a change - and saw that the ACTUAL rate was 140Kb/s even though it was displaying "[20K]". 

Is there some kind of log that I can provide ?

Today I watched it as it changed from unlimited to 25Kb/s (download). 
1) The actual download rate (unlimited) was around 150Kb/s

2) At 8am (as per schedule) the schedule rate changed to 25Kb

3) The ACTUAL rate dropped from 150Kb/s to around 1Kb/s (yes ONE)

4) I switched off the scheduler.

5) The rate increased to 150Kb/s again.

6) I switched on the scheduler (limited at 25Kb/s)

7) The rate dropped to ONE again.

Note1 - the upload rate appears to be correct - as per requested.

Note2 - the only way that I can download, but stay within limits, is to switch off the scheduler, and set individual limits on individual torrents , so that the total is within my allowance.

There is something very strange going on ....

Archived