Can someone explain Utorrent seeding?

themoleman

I ask this question because really, I want to find the quickest way to get new torrents with seeds, fast. Really, I just wanted to know if there is some way I can setup my settings so that there will be 1.0 availability in the swarm even though there might not be any seeds. Make sense?

Why I ask is because I've been tracking this torrent that I made and it's been 2 weeks and 4 days of seeding... but what I noticed was that when I left the torrent under the global settings, it reached a share ratio of 1.1 (110%) but the availability in the swarm was only 0.400. I then decided to overide the global settings and put it to seed until 200%. Now the torrent is just about to reach 200% with an ETA of 23 minutes and the availability is at 0.997. So with those numbers it looks like it will reach 1.0 availability (or more because there are 25+ people at 99.7%) right when the torrent reaches 200%.

Now I'm glad that this torrent is almost done with (30GB... my gosh... never again... maybe) but to me it seems like if I had just override the settings and put 125% or 135%, the program would have seeded in a way where I could have finished seeding this a long time ago.

Hopefully, what I've layed out is understandable and someone can answer.

µTorrent sends pieces based on the pieces that other peers request. What you want to do is basically super-seed, but at the moment, the implementation in µTorrent is broken, so that's not an option. If you really want to super-seed, for now, you can use BitTornado.

Archived