streaming unsupported

rd27

I have a torrent downloading that shows one of its three files as "streamable", but the stream button in the playback column for the torrent says "unsupported".

On a related note, it would be nice if we could right click in the files list and choose stream. Or even right click in the torrent list also, the button approach is a little off from the rest of the GUI.

Build 35406 on XP SP3

Thanks,

d

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Some file types cannot be streamed.

O.O ya don't say?? i'm not talking about streaming pdf's here, i'm wondering why sometimes mp4's and avi's won't stream. what's even weirder is that the pieces start to download sequentially as they should and after few minutes, streaming stops and i get the 'unsupported' message...

O.O ya don't say?? i'm not talking about streaming pdf's here
If YOU do NOT inform us of the file type you are trying to stream WE DO NOT KNOW, and therefore can only give generic replies. BETTER and complete information gets you better answers.
what's even weirder is that the pieces start to download sequentially as they should and after few minutes, streaming stops and i get the 'unsupported' message...

Probably because the pieces required are NOT available at that point in time.

O.O ya don't say?? i'm not talking about streaming pdf's here
If YOU do NOT inform us of the file type you are trying to stream WE DO NOT KNOW' date=' and therefore can only give generic replies. [b']BETTER and complete information gets you better answers.
what's even weirder is that the pieces start to download sequentially as they should and after few minutes, streaming stops and i get the 'unsupported' message...

Probably because the pieces required are NOT available at that point in time.

then it moves on to the next available piece. no reason to stop the sequential download. that's how it works most of the time...

then it moves on to the next available piece
Sure, but if it is playing the video file when the next piece is not available, it is going to fail with an error, is it not??

well no. what i do is i set streaming.min_buffer_piece in advanced settings to whatever number of pieces the file has.

that way the sequential download is set for the whole file. i then open the file with BS player or VLC player, with file still streaming in utorrent.

what i don't understand is when the mp4 or avi file is unsupported?? maybe it has some connection to the bitrate/bandwidth ratio?? would be great if one of the developers or someone who knows how it works would explain how this works...

Archived