Does not diplay files inside torrent

elfpattaya

I have downloaded utorrent 3.0 and I'm having a problem. I am not able to see the files inside a torrent, so I have to download everything inside the torrent. I have checked the box "show a window that displays the files within a torrent" in the UI settings. But when I open a torrent the box unchecked itself and downloads the whole thing. I like to select the files I need, especially on music torrents where I only want certain tracks. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it a bug. I have gone back to version 2.2.1 where it works perfectly,

Weird. What's your OS?

Try that:

Save a back-up copy of the file settings.dat stored in %appdata%\utorrent then delete it. Start µT, be sure the option "show a window that displays the files within a torrent" is enabled then open a new .torrent with µT.

If I were you I would leave in their place your *.dat config files (or other irrelevant files) but after stopping the uTorrent client I would try to remove the files from %APPDATA%\UTORRENT\DLIMAGECACHE and/or %APPDATA%\UTORRENT\IE folders only. I dont't know which folder's content was guilty but after these steps my favorite popup window appears again when I add new torrent jobs to the client so I hope it solves your problem :)

I have tried everything suggested, but the window still does not appear. I have completely uninstalled utorrent and did a clean reinstall, but I still have the same problem. I have gone back to utorrent 2.2.1 which works perfectly..I think I will stick to this at the moment.

My OS is Windows XP SP3 and I'm using Comodo Firewall and Avast Antivirus..

Ah, so sorry, you are right, there were an accidental coincidence, the proper working not depends on the mentioned folders' condition.

But today I have found another thing and I think this is the real reason. Start your 3.0 client and in the upper text menu's 'Options' section switch on the 'Show Toolbar' function (or press F4). After that the GUI shows the icon bar and in the upper right corner, between the magnifier (search) and cog-wheel (preferences) icons you can find the 'Toggle Torrent View' icon and this is what you should switch to classical 2.x style 'list view' and the addon popup windows will appear again and again, I hope :)

If it's true, the authors should have to modify the line 'Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode' to '...in advanced view' or something, it would be much more expressive. What do you think? Do you agree?

I had the same problem that I think you're describing. Here's how I solved it. From the utorrent client main window:

1. Select "Options"

2. Select "Preferences"

3. Select "UI Settings"

4. In the "When adding torrents" section, select "Show a window that displays the files inside a torrent"

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just wondering if any solution was found to this problem, been driving me crazy! and no it cant be solved by a simple tick of a box somewhere, on mine when you 'add new torrent' it doesnt give any file options in the box and even has file size as zero, but when you click ok it begins downloading. would a delete and reinstall fix?

Archived