What the Hell happened!

What the Hell are you guys doing to the UI? This app was, at one time, a minimal app - the way it should be. You guys are jacking around the UI for no good reason. What the fuck is this "Health" shit? Do you think your a torrent file host or something? Put the damn seeders/peers back. You're taking a perfectly good app and doing the same thing everyone else is doing - filling it up with bloated, useless (not to mention ass-fuck ugly) shit.

• 2 weeks later...

hey.

I just registered to say this: +1.

seriously... what is this new fashion apps have to become "simpler" ?

it's not getting simpler, it's getting dumber.

if people can't use an app, well too bad for them, they should just learn. ESPECIALLY when the forenamed app is already easy !!

and if you really need to change it, why not keep an option to have the old ui, for people who love it ?

that's sad...

What the Hell are you guys doing to the UI? This app was, at one time, a minimal app - the way it should be. You guys are jacking around the UI for no good reason. What the fuck is this "Health" shit? Do you think your a torrent file host or something? Put the damn seeders/peers back. You're taking a perfectly good app and doing the same thing everyone else is doing - filling it up with bloated, useless (not to mention ass-fuck ugly) shit.

All the columns are customizable. Right click on the column header and remove or add whichever ones you like. I have mine setup to be more like 2.0.4.

hey.

I just registered to say this: +1.

seriously... what is this new fashion apps have to become "simpler" ?

it's not getting simpler, it's getting dumber.

if people can't use an app, well too bad for them, they should just learn. ESPECIALLY when the forenamed app is already easy !!

and if you really need to change it, why not keep an option to have the old ui, for people who love it ?

that's sad...

yes yes i want old torrent.... its realy ahrd to use it now....:(

I registered specifically to say that the UI on v3 is absolute trousers. Pale colour on a pale background make the speed graph very difficult to see. I had to skin the buttons (which I've never had to do) because your new ones are meaningless drivel.

Please give us the non-pastel colours on dark background back!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I concur with the sentiment though certainly not the language nor delivery tact.

I think I see the end goal you all are aiming for Firon(mobile), but as holyseal said, making an application "more intuitive" is just another way of saying you're making it easier for dumb people to operate. Is that the kind of person we really want in our community?

I loathe the Apple way and how gullible their consumers are, just so blind to the condescending attitude literally shoved down their throats with the "It's intuitive!" phrasing. Majority of their consumers are so moronic they can't read between the lines to understand they are being called idiots for not having the smarts and patience to be able to learn how to operate technology.

I've not liked seeing µTorrent take a similar direction as you've begun preparing for some sort of mobile launch. The wider of an "intuitive" net that you cast, the more attention and "technology illiterate" consumers we're going to be inundated with.

I love helping people willing to learn, but those who just want it "to work" really aren't the ones we want in the Seed & Peer community I do not think as those are the ones who are not willing to learn. :(

I truly miss, and wish to somehow attain again, the very minimalist UI-wise but still feature laden and completely torrent focused µTorrent that I began using over six years ago.

Technology is cool, but the brain dead idiots sometimes unfortunately using it are NOT and should not be using it if they don't meet a certain level of competence!

What happened to the columns in the torrent views in uTorrent 3.0? Is there a way to get them back? I can't seem to find anyway to effect the listing of the torrents. I have lost all the overview I had from uTorrent 2. Without the ability to list the torrents in by when they completed downloading takes alot of basic functionality away from the client. The new look is really pretty but it comes at the cost of functionality, not some advanced functionality used only by some, but basic functionality that most of us think is required to use the program.

Please let me know if this can be fixed or if I should just stop using this program.

@Qauzzix you need to click the top-right button to toggle the torrent view so it lists downloads just like the old utorrent. By default you don't get any columns at all.

I'm having trouble finding out how to get my status icons back though. Each download in the list used to have a coloured icon so you could tell at a glance which ones were downloading/stopped/error/queued/etc. How do I get those back?

And please people, don't suggest me fixing this problem by clicking the non existing column headers.

@Qauzzix you need to click the top-right button to toggle the torrent view so it lists downloads just like the old utorrent. By default you don't get any columns at all.

The only buttons in the main view are the "play" and "stream" buttons. What button are you talking about? A screenshot or a better description of it's location would be appreciated.

I'm having trouble finding out how to get my status icons back though. Each download in the list used to have a coloured icon so you could tell at a glance which ones were downloading/stopped/error/queued/etc. How do I get those back?

Preferences/Advanced and look in gui_ group.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the biggest pile of sh-t interface that I have seen. Why the h-ll did you change the awesome 1.8 interface? There must be a bunch of a--hole programmers working over there. I would rather see this program lose all updates and not be supported any more than seeing this. I would never have even used this program if it looked like this when I first downloaded version 1 (back when the program first came out). Any 15 year old ret-rd knows that you should not change the interface ever on a program. You should always leave changes in interface as an option that users can select if they want it. It is almost impossible to find multiple skins on your skin page to make the program look like it did on v 1.8. I was not able to find such skins after searching for over 1 hour on your site and google. Do you think that it really makes sense to force people to search by scrolling page after page for each skin for each part of your interface just to get the program to look like it did before? You could have released the program with no interface and made the user browse a database of 2000+ skins (without a search option by the ways). Also, the skins are not even a complete package. You should not have to pick and choose the skin pieces to assemble a complete package. The skins should all be complete packages, but it would be ok if a user wanted to use part of each for some reason (the skin maker doesn't know how to skin maybe?). I guess I will have to uninstall. Maybe I can find a program to make a program called microTorrent since your stupid mu symbol means that often times. F-ck you a--holes!

I don't normally post on developer forums, user forums etc. but i had to register just to voice my dismay at Utorrent 3. I had to roll back to 2.2 just to retain my sanity! There's obviously a large user base here that doesn't appreciate version 3, and the draconain rules of making it illegal to post to older versions is curious at best.. Way to let your users down! I'm not going to look around in forums just to figure out how to skin the latest version to 2.2, are you kidding? The whole point of this client was simple and light. This screams of bloatware, and well I (as a user 5+ years) think this just plain sucks. I don't think i'd give a damn if Utorrent wasn't as awesome as it is, but it is. Thanks you to the developers who all worked hard but i'm jumping ship and looking for a new light-weight client...

Archived