File Error Message ...Error: Access Is Denied message

xtoombsx

Anything i try and download receives this message. I am using version 3.0 and it worked fine up until the last couple days. It could be the network i am on (a college network) but i have used it before. Also, i cannot download any programs (including utorrent) from the internet. HELP!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

very simple fix to this...

goto where your download folder is located, right click on it and make sure it is not Read Only.

example, my DL folder is D:\Downloads

I will go to d:\

and right click on the Downloads folder

and Uncheck the little box at the bottom that said Read Only. And i will apply that to the folder and subfolders (because i move finished downloads to d:\Downloads\_Finished)

peace and love

NiitriiX

• 3 weeks later...

I have encountered the same problem today with one exception: I get the error message for one particular download. The rest goes on fine. Permissions on download folder are correct and running as administrator doesn't help. SOS, really need that one download.

I have encountered the same problem today with one exception: I get the error message for one particular download. The rest goes on fine. Permissions on download folder are correct and running as administrator doesn't help. SOS, really need that one download.

Same problem for me. I have started over 150 torrents into the same folder & only one returns this error.

Edit: Tried reloading torrent, redownloaded torrent, no luck. Last 620kB won't download.

• 5 months later...
very simple fix to this...

goto where your download folder is located, right click on it and make sure it is not Read Only.

example, my DL folder is D:\Downloads

I will go to d:\

and right click on the Downloads folder

and Uncheck the little box at the bottom that said Read Only. And i will apply that to the folder and subfolders (because i move finished downloads to d:\Downloads\_Finished)

peace and love

NiitriiX

omg, you are right!! how did it happen that the folder is read only?

Thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to DreadWingKnight and a few others for having an answer to clearing this problem up

1)I thought my system was hacked 2)U torrent was shut down 3)or pirate bay

I have been using U Torrent for years a few different versions on many different computers

Why did this happen to me now in August of 2012 after all this time ? ?

What caused this ?

Archived