getting info_hash from tracker

rpy3uH

my client gets first peers list from torrent tracker (via HTTP requests). and uses given peer list for connect to DHT-network.

main problem : request to tracker must contain registered on tracker info_hash. my client on first start don't know any info_hash, and to join to DHT-network he must use some info_hash

Is possible to get most popular info_hash from torrent tracker? or last registered? or info_hash of random registered torrent?

sorry my bad english.... thanks

in first start my client don't have any peers, and can't join to DHT-network.

So that, for get basic peer list client request to torrent tracker. I write info_hash hard in source code (for, example http://bt.rutor.org:2710/announce?info_hash=%5d%ed%00%2e%54%d2%34%4e%1e%bf%5f%74%10%78%cf%bb%93%4a%3a%42) this is, not good solution! because, torrent may be deleted from tracker.

I want more universal way.

I think this method will be universal

1. request most popular torrents (info_hash's) from tracker, or 5-10 random torrents in last 4 hours

2. request from tracker peer list for given torrents (info_hash's)

Then define a static DHT entry node and have it point to a system that you keep a DHT-linked client running all the time.

this way does not suit me, because it require server. and method depends on the server. I do not need any dependences.

I need method for getting peers from trackers. As I understand, HTTP-trackers don't provide access to registered info_hashs.

Archived