Another "DHT: Waiting to login" issue

drews

Hello.

For the last few days i have'nt got to use uTorrent. It wont login. I have done a lot of research about the DHT... what causes, how to fix it and etc.

I made a new topic because none of those earlier posts did not help me a bit. Not even this site (http://torrenthelp.depthstrike.com/2007/11/utorrent-dht-troubleshooting.html) you are reffering your users to. I have tried to do exactly whats told there but with no help!

Could anyone please tell me exaclty what to do to fix this problem, or at least help me a little bit more cause im totally stuck with this alone.

P.S. It used to work on this computer. Now im using different internet provider and router. Though it worked for about 1 day then stopped. Im using windows vista - dont know anything about it

Best regards,

Drew

Ok this is getting very weird. Could anyone tell me how is this uTorrent working and what it its principals?

Earlier today i tried to use uT butit did not login. now about 12 hours later it made the nessecary login within seconds and torrents are downloading like they should. The thing is i did not do anything... Did it fix itself? :o

Please anyone tell me how this DHT works so next time i know how to act or what to do.

Thank You!

Hello again.

Last night somehow it was working, today is the same thing like before. I tryed to change the ports in my router and in uTorrent. Im sure something changed cause it started to download but still it says DHT:Waiting to login.

I uploaded a picture to show you what i see...

People, please be a little more cooperative. It feels like no one wants to help anyone here. Im really stuck with this situation and dont know what to do to get it work propertly.

6f448.jpg

Oh, and please tell me what means connection closed by peer

Torrenting is not just DHT. Read the Help or use Google to know more about this.

I belive that torrenting is not just DHT but c'mon... i have googled almost a week and couldnt find any help. Just tell me what is your purpose here then? What is the putpose of this forum? SIGH!!

uTorrent 3.0 has issues when you close it. This might be the reason for the login. I experienced it (even had a DHT issue today) and also others, and you don't need to worry about this that much because you have other trackers and the developers should already know about this issue in my opinion.

As for "connection closed by peer" you can ignore it. The setup guide should be used in my opinion only when you install uTorrent or change your speeds with your ISP.

Just relax, let uTorrent run and don't mess with the settings.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue for the last two days. What I have done is turn off my modem and wireless router for about 30 secs. Then turn on the modem 1st and let it establish a connection. Once it is "connected" to the internet, then I plug my router back in and let it find the modem and restart itself. That seems to fix the issue. Sometimes I just restart my router and that seems to fix it too. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I HAVE SOLVED THE UTORRENT DHT WAITING TO LOG ON PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all you have to do is right click on the torrent you are trying to download, go to advanced and then click clear peer list.

i have tryed this many times and it always manages to fix it.

hope this works for you guys.

Hello.

For the last few days i have'nt got to use uTorrent. It wont login. I have done a lot of research about the DHT... what causes, how to fix it and etc.

I made a new topic because none of those earlier posts did not help me a bit. Not even this site (http://torrenthelp.depthstrike.com/2007/11/utorrent-dht-troubleshooting.html) you are reffering your users to. I have tried to do exactly whats told there but with no help!

Could anyone please tell me exaclty what to do to fix this problem, or at least help me a little bit more cause im totally stuck with this alone.

P.S. It used to work on this computer. Now im using different internet provider and router. Though it worked for about 1 day then stopped. Im using windows vista - dont know anything about it

Best regards,

Drew

hello i am facing the same problem...i tried everything but still no solution! can u help please if u found the right one i will really appreciate that,and thanks

My configurations is:

Win7 64bit Ultimate Firewall disabled and no security software installed

Router is a Trendnet TEW-639GR

ISP: Time Warner Cable

Every hour or so the uTorrent client says "DHT waiting to login" and downloads either stop or go to a snail pace. If I enable/disable DHT everything starts working again.

• 2 weeks later...

I also tried everything to solve this issue. In the end it indeed worked by pulling the plug from modem for a minute or so and than again switching it on. I still don't get it why, but who cares, important thing is that it works. Hope it helps.

OK, I too get a permanent "DHT:waiting to login" message despite going to each torrent in my list, right clicking, selecting "advanced" and "clear the peerlist." I also went to properties for each torrent and enabled DHT and Pex. I also checked that DHT and PEx were enabled in the Preferences that are presumably global for the entire program. There still is no joy with DHT. Seems that uTorrent client 3.1 can't download using Magnet links ( and Magnets soon may be the only way to access torrent files, right?).

What is this noob missing that can be tried?? I am on Win7 64bit, using TPproxy which otherwise works fine. Thx in advance..........:(

Also, if the DHT says waiting to login, who or what does the logging in and with what info as there seems no user input possible to login. I have also got the message DHT: (0)node but nothing seems to happen as far as locating peers as shown in the screen when one rightclicks on a downloading torrent using the magnet method. Does the magnet thing not work when one is behind a torrent proxy? Hmmm.......:/

Archived