Downloads slow down dramatically when reaching the end.

arnobru

Hi everyone,

I decided to give utorrent server another try (I tried it when it first released but didn't find it stable enough) and it actually works quite well now on my debian server. I get pretty good rates throughout most downloads, reaching from 1,0 MB/s to 2,0 MB/s most times.

The problem is that I only get a good rate from 0% to about 95% completion. When I get to 95%, the rate drops big time : about 20 KB/s to 50 KB/s until completion, thus taking 3 times longer to complete a download. This happers almost to all torrents.

Any idea how to prevent that?

Thanks!

Ok, the donwload is done, the DL speed started dropping at about 97% and it only dropped from 1700 KB/s to 100KB/s, so not that big of a delay (10 minutes longer than estimated ), but still a speed drop as usual.

Isn't there a setting that could cause that kind of behavior?

Well, one thing's for sure, when I download the debian iso on a windows version of utorrent, I get a steady 1,6 MB/s until the very end (I tried it several times, and the results are consistent) so I'm quite certain that the torrent availability isn't the problem here.

If an uploader disconnects from you, chokes you or doesn't have pieces that you nedd, your download speed will drop. Don't know of a setting that can change this.

I'm well aware of that possibility, but this behavior is systematic on uTorrent server whereas those speed drops never happen on uTorrent for Windows when downloading the exact same torrent (both my debian server and Windows pc being on the same network, using the same internet connection etc.). That tells me that there's something wrong with uTorrent server, wouldn't you agree? :|

I don't know if there's something wrong with uTorrent server. The only thing I know is that it can be investigated. If you are really curious about this you can check what client/s uploads to you at around 1.6M,you can log it/them etc. My instinct tells me that it's not an issue but I can be wrong.

Hi,

I installed the WebUI you mentionned, mit. I do get the peers tab on that one, so I ran some download tests with a high availability torrent. When the speed drops occur, it's not that I have less peers uploading to me than before, it's just that every peer has the upload speed dropping as well.

For instance, when i'm at 90% completion, sorting peers by speed shows me that there are, say, 5 peers uploading at about 200KB/s, after the speed dropped, the top upload speed in the list is like 10KB/s although those peers all had 100% of the file.

So, yeah, very weird behavior, abnormal i'm sure...

So, yeah, very weird behavior, abnormal i'm sure...

Probably you are right.But what's the reason!?In cache maybe.......

I think that I seen the same behavior to me,but i was thinking that is the advisedly.By the way,i also use Debian. :D

Probably you are right.But what's the reason!?In cache maybe.......

I think that I seen the same behavior to me,but i was thinking that is the advisedly.By the way,i also use Debian. :D

I'd sure like to know the reason :D I've been almost randomly changing settings in the advanced options with no luck...

By the way,i also use Debian. :D

Yeah, Debian's neat ;)

• 3 months later...

im having the same issue, been using ut server v25053 for a few months now and always towards the end of download speed decreases by a lot. also missing a trackers tab in webui using 0.386...

other than that great work im getting great speeds and stability :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived