How do I select what files I want to DL in a multi file torrent?

3kingdoms

On the Windows version a window with check boxes comes up after you download the torrent. It asks which files to download (I believe the default is all files checked). Now I am the proud owner of a Mac. When I download a torrent and OK it, it goes right to downloading all files automatically, instead of asking which specific files to download in the torrent. Help please!

It should be under UI settings in preferences in the section heading in blue When Adding Torrents, also, at the top right hand corner of utorrent there is a tab with three thick green stripes with a dot in front of each stripe, if you put your cursor on it you it will say toggle torrent view, click this, it should then change to a tab with 4 thin green stripes. I haven't got a Mac, but assume it's the same, apologies if it's not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This method works on Mac [PPC] OS X Version 10.5.8 with μTorrent Version 1.5.13 (26628).

While running μTorrent,

1. Select the torrent of interest.

2 Select the Files tab from the General, Trackers, Files, Peers, Speed tabs.

3. Control [ctrl] select one or more files. A sub menu appears with the options Show In Finder, High Priority, Normal Priority, Low Priority and Don't Download.

4. Select the appropriate Priority setting or Don't Download to skip the file all together depending on your intent.

• 1 year later...

Not one person specified exactly with regards to MAC. I figured it after playing around for a while. Here so that any layman can do it -

1-You've to do this before you start downloading. Get the torrent / download and add it. Immediately stop it (pause it I mean, but for MAC it is just stop) so that the download doesn't proceed beyond 0%.

2-On the "View" tab above your utorrent application screen, choose "Enable details pane"

3-You will now see a details pane appear in your utorrent. You'll see 5 tabs, "General", "Tracker", "Files", "Peers", "Speed". Select "Files" tab.

4-Now you must see all the individual files inside the package listed. If you don't, then delete torrent, files and start again from step 1.

5-Once you see them individual files, select one or many by holding down Command key. Right click and choose "Do not download".

Done. Now you can see that those files selected such will have a "skip" mentioned next to them and those continuing to download a "normal" next to them.

Don't delete the skipped files in the download directory yet. It could affect your download. Once downloaded fully, and you've chosen to stop and remove the torrent from utorrent (if not seeding), then you can delete the unwanted files.

Cheers!

Archived