New uTorrent - Checked 0.0%

Kvanederen

I just updated uTorrent to uTorrent 3.1 today and when I opened the new version, all the torrents got stuck at checked 0.0%, except for one.

I have all the torrents on an external drive, but usually when the drive is off and I start uTorrent it merely gives me an error which disappears when I restart the external drive.

I've restarted the drive and uTorrent several times, but each times all the files remain stuck at Checked 0.0%

Does anyone know how to fix this? A lot of the torrents were already very far (80-90%) and I really don't want to have to download them all over again...

Registered to post about same problem, I force quitted UT and so the torrents need rechecking, fine, but they are stuck at 0.0.

On the previous build, when encountering the same problem, it only checked 2 or 3 torrents and then stuck and disk overloaded also popped up every so often.

Closing is also an issue, the process doesn't finish off even after a few hours.

Had the same problem but solved it.

Here's how you do it:

Go to Start, run, and type %AppData%\uTorrent. Hit enter

Find 'resume.dat' or sth like that.

Move it to the Desktop

Start uTorrent

You'll see that all your torrents are gone

Don't freak out (important)

Close uTorrent

Move back your resume.dat and everything you moved previously

Start uTorrent again

Voila there you go

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem. uTorrent was stuck at 0.0% checking all the files. Just an update on the fix method, I followed the instructions that Jetaime posted, except when I moved resume.dat to my desktop and started uTorrent, it created a new resume.dat file where the original was. All my torrents started downloading immediately and work perfectly. uTorrent version 3.3 is what I am using.

I just updated to 3.3 and this same thing happened. I then installed the beta (3.3.1) and it would still read "Checked" as a status for all downloads. I deleted the "resume.dat" file and it worked for 24 hours. It repeated the same problem, so I deleted the resume.dat file and now all is ok again. Hopefully it's just a bug that will be worked out in a future update.

I have ,as many other people, this problem for the last 4 or 5 updates, and the programmers ignore it (I lost data because of it). I started using this client around 2004-2005 exclusively, but since the utorrentplus was launched the free client is deteriorating in quality, I think it's time to go open source.

I'm having the same problem. I followed the directions above but there must be some kind of computer lingo I'm missing because it didn't work. I'm pretty heated at this point with utorrent and all the glitches they produce every time there's an update, but can someone please just redirect me to another program like it that actually works?:/

I had the same issue and the steps listed above fixed part of it. The problem is now that I can only download the first torrent I load. If I add more than one at a time the additional get stuck on Checking like before. If I clear them out and reopen the torrent file one at a time it works. Any ideas?

Same issue. Updated, then all torrents except the first one stall at "Checked 0.0%". Availability bar is at zero, all red. Moved/Deleted/Refreshed resume.dat, as suggested above. Seems to not help at all. Problem persists. Any developers care to comment on this? Workaround or patch perhaps? Thanks!

I had no problem with the previous version before the update. Is there a way to rollback?

found a simple work around till they fix it:

1. let the metadata load for all ur magnet torrent downloads(keep changing order till all of them have a file size showing)

2. restart utorrent

And ur done, this is working for me and my friends.

uhh first step is basically making sure all ur torrents have had a chance to be "active" and download their initial data, when this is done the size of the file is shown...not sure if that is clear enough 0.0 lemme know if u need more clarification lol

Archived