torrent list disappears after rebooting

winebuffs

I have spent the last 2 hours searching the forum for an answer to this problem but cannot find one. If I missed it somewhere I apologize for asking again. Some problems were similar but not exactly and the fixes suggested did not resolve my situation. Sadly, google was not my friend either. Hope someone can help.

I have a new computer running windows 7 64 bit. I installed the latest version of utorrent and proceeded to download new torrents (rather than move old ones since I had a lot I had wanted to download anyway).

All appeared fine. However, the first time I rebooted all of the torrents I had just downloaded failed to appear in the main window (although the numbers showed on the left side of the window in the correct categories) I read on line that I should choose a location to store my torrents and add that in, so I did this in the preferences section but this did not fix the problem.

I then upgraded today to the new latest version of utorrents (3.1 build 26671) [32 bit] hoping maybe it was a bug that was fixed since in my search I found that many people have had this problem, however, when I rebooted tonight the same thing happened again - only this time with 61 torrents in the list.

I looked at the list of programs known to conflict with utorrent and do not beleive I am running any of them, although it could be there is something built in to windows 7 that I am not aware of.

The torrents numbers appear in the left side of the window showing the total number of torrents,completed, etc. so they are obvioulsy being recognized by the utorrent software but they do not show in the main frame window, so I cannot access them - or even close them. If I try to reload them it tells me "the torent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents".

I tried to take a screen shot but it would not let me paste in this page. If you can instruct me how to do that I can add it.

it looks like this though: On the left

*featured column

Torrents (61)

downloading (0)

seeding (0)

completed (61)

active (0)

inactive (0)

labels (61)

no label (58)

movie (3)

_______

feeds (0)

On the right: this list at the top of the window and literally NO torrents showing underneath these columns

# Name Size Status Down sp Up speed (etc.....)

Can anyone help me solve this problem? I never had a problem with utorrent at all in the couple of years I used the program on my old computer (which ran windows xp and used the version of utorrent 2 previous to my current one.)

Thanks so much!

• 3 months later...

Archived