status of torrents "cheked %"

nieriel

hi i seem to be having a odd issue and i don't know what to do about it, my downloads suddnely are stuck and have been doing a status "checked 99.9%" for a while, and i'm not sure what has caused them to do this check nor what is causing it to not finish doing this check.

i have read some places try pressing stop then force start or force recheck, i try this and u torrent "freezes" or crashes and i have to close it and then when i re open utorrent the status check starts all over again only to stop ay 99.9%

and idea? or what i can do ? oh im using utorrent 3.1.2

Not sure whether to post here or start new thread, but after any utorrent exit or PC reboot, any unfinished torrents will start in checked 0.0% status. Checking even one torrent takes hours, Is this normal?

Windows 2003, uTorrent 3.1 build 26671 32 bit, primary IDE (program) to secondary IDE (data)

I guess there's an issue with checking torrents. Does it ever complete?

It does complete, but veeeery slowly. It's hard to estimate, because I don't know whether checking includes disk allocation of uncompleted downloads, or only the downloaded parts of files, but I'd estimate around an hour per 30MB of allocated disk space.

• 3 months later...

Dear All

The advice I received to never kill the uTorrent process, but to close via menu only, and then to allow the process to terminate internally (watch via task manager in windows), plus an upgrade to 3.1.3, appear to have resolved my problems with uTorrent.

It is to be expected that uTorrent performance is degraded to some degree by running other processes simultaneously. For example, watching video streams not isolated to dedicated CPU will slow download or processing speeds (checking file data, for instance). However, all other programs behave similarly and this isn't really a uTorrent problem so much as system resource management.

The 3.1.2 version created significant problems for me with frequent program freezes that had to be killed unnaturally, leading to extensive file checking, which was a real pain in the arse for a while, but that seems now to be resolved.

If I can take the opportunity here to congratulate the developers, please allow me to do so. As users we seem to come here only when we have problems, and not when everything is working fine, so take a bow all you developers and testers. As a free program uTorrent pretty much rocks right now and hasn't had any hiccups on my system since the 3.1.3 (build 27220 for Windows) upgrade.

Archived