1.5.14 high CPU usage

pepe91

When I'm downloading a torrent the CPU usage of the uTorrent process is really high, sometimes displaying more than 100% (that must be a System monitor bug or something), all the fans are on and the computer gets pretty hot.

Again this only happens when I'm actually downloading a file, when I'm not the CPU usage is around 7%~10%

I've read a lot of threads about the problem but there don't seem to be any solution to it, I'm also attaching the process output of the monitor in case is useful.

Process Sample

EDIT: I'm using a 13'' MacBook Pro, 2.7Ghz Intel Core i7, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.7.2 (Lion)

EDIT2: I've used previous versions of uTorrent and had the same problem.

EDIT3: Here is a screenshot of the process and what is going on in uTorrent:

utorrent%20screenshot.png

I have the same problem. Cpu hog while downloading. I'm downloading files to my internal hdd and then utorrent moves them to external usb drive (btw this process takes much longer than regular copy paste, why?). Maybe it's somehow related?

uTorrent version 1.5.14 on MB PRO (mid 2010 - 2,4GZ C2D, 4GB Ram) with OS X 10.7.3. I'll send the log as you asked.

I am having the same problem on my Macbook air. CPU load is extremely high and cooling fans are having to run 100% on all the time. This was not an issue with the previous version. The added load is seen more when the speed monitor is set at 1 second refresh. Again, not a problem before but close to unacceptable now...

:(

I also am getting the high CPU/low progress issue, as described above.

MBPro 2.33 GHz Intel Core Duo 4GB 667MHz RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I note that on startup the program displays the panes I was last using, but does not render content.

Only when I select another Label do I get content appearing. Furthermore, it will not Quit naturally,

but hangs after a while and I must Force Quit to remove it.

http://output.lightpourerstudios.com/ForuTorrent/NoDraw-HighCpu-NoQuit-MacSamples.zip

Curiously, when I replaced 1.5.14 with 1.5.13 I found similar problems occurring. The panes rendering is working properly but still I have 106/200 CPU usage and Failing to Quit. Furthermore, lots of torrents have seeds and peers connected but download no data though a few older ones still run and download normally.

I'm taking a break from using the product until another point release, it's stressing my m/c. If anyone needs test outputs I don't mind providing, have lots of exploratory testing experience available.

Cheers,

Stv.

Archived