Blank File List in 3.1.2

Gamer_2k4

I just upgraded to the latest version of uTorrent, and now when downloading a torrent, the file list doesn't get populated immediately. This means that when it prompts where to save the files, I can't select or deselect individual files, and I don't even know the folder structure of the torrent. Then, once it starts downloading, I still don't see the files list for some time. I think the files appear after the download reaches a certain point, but it's frustrating to have to wait. Older versions showed the files right away.

I'm guessing you're downloading from a certain site that just changed from using torrent files to magnet links by default (and will be completely removing torrent files shortly).

A magnet link doesn't have all the information available in the torrent file - you use DHT to download the torrent file from other peers instead. This can take a period of time.

The developers have said in another thread that they're now thinking about ways to improve the user experience with magnet links.

Archived