Magnet Links[not working] (win8) (chrome)

chaython

• 2 weeks later...

I am running win 7 x64 and have had mix results with magnet down loads. I am in the midst of having a problem, I think? Now I have been down loading a file where it seems that all the peers have the same limited response and % completion that I have. Is this normal? Is there something I should know about this process to make it run faster?

Are you Win8 users absolutely, positively, unequivocally sure that Win8 supports P2P in the Consumer preview? Are you using Metro?

No P2P in Metro

It is not about Win8/Metro not supporting P2P. IE opens magnet links just fine. The problem is not with Windows or BitTorrent, but with Chrome.

Stumbled upon to this on the internet:

go to start menu type run hit enter then type in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data then enter, go to local state find protocol_handler go down to "magnet": true, and change it to "magnet": false,

Doesn't work either! :(

Hey i been having the same issue with updated chrome and utorrent in windows 7. I had tried everything listed nothing helped. Then i was going through the preferences and under the General section under the heading windows integration there are three buttons one says associate with magnet files. I just checked all three and now chrome opens the files up with utorrent. This simple fix worked for me. I hope it helps someone else.

Hey i been having the same issue with updated chrome and utorrent in windows 7. I had tried everything listed nothing helped. Then i was going through the preferences and under the General section under the heading windows integration there are three buttons one says associate with magnet files. I just checked all three and now chrome opens the files up with utorrent. This simple fix worked for me. I hope it helps someone else.

are you using Win8? Because in Win8 IE10 does seem to handle magnet links normally. Its just Chrome that doesn't.

• 2 months later...

Archived