Pressing 'Delete' removed torrent AND data!

forkspoon

Hey,

I've been using µTorrent for quite some time now and normally when removing a torrent from the list I have simply pressed 'Delete' nad I get the dialogue "Do you really want to remove the selected torrent(s)?" and clicking "OK" would remove the torrent from the list and the data downloaded would still be intact.

Last night I loaded up µTorrent was advised of the new version... so I downloaded it and queued up a few things for viewing this morning. I wqoke up and everything was complete (about 3GB) and ratios were in line so I did the usual highlight-and-delete to free up bandwidth for VoIP during the day.

All the data is gone. 6GB of my monthly bandwidth, wasted. I was browsing the incoming folder at the time and suddenly the folders containing the new downloads were unaccessible.

What's up with this? Are we now forced to "Right-click > Remove and.. > Delete .torrent" ??

Cheers,

Travis

The default is "Remove".

I assume that the 'Delete' key performs whatever is set to default? I'm re-downloading something to test.. going to try data recovery to the the others.

Possible bug?

I rarely use toolbars, I prefer keyboard interface.

- Feature: Make shift + delete key remove torrent + data

I think what happened is either an accidental Shift-Del keypress, or Shift key being 'stuck' for some reason.

My KVM sometimes causes my system to see shift, alt and/or ctrl keys as being constantly pressed until i press and release the affected key at least once. Because of that, i find this feature kinda dangerous, and would really like to be able to turn it off.

Archived