Utorrent will not uninstall, install, or download torrents

joealltogether

I've been using utorrent for a long time. Very recently however, when downloading a torrent, it would take several minutes for utorrent to open and begin the download. Also I noticed that double clicking on the torrent would present a crash error and I had to restart the program, right click on the torrent, and open the file location in order to run the file. I eventually tried to uninstall it and reinstall it only to find that it would not properly uninstall either. I manually deleted the utorrent files, ran ccleaner to get rid of any leftover reg values and went to the website to reinstall. I downloaded the .exe for the stable release (I had been using the beta) and guess what. The installer won't run. Task manager shows utorrent running at 700,00k+ memory, but it does not do anything. And this is the only program giving me any issues. I really don't like any other bit torrent client, please help. Not sure if it's related to my SSD that I recently installed.

Pavan,

AppData is an (extremely important) hidden folder. you will find it in your 'Users' folder.. whatever your PC's user name is.. that's the Windows default folder for all your pictures, favorites, documents, saved games, videos.. etcetera.

you have to go to that folder, right click, and choose 'show hidden files'.. then you will see the AppData folder.

Archived