Magnet Links

vale93

This is only caused by Piratebays Magnet Links. Other Magnet links on other torrent site works fine.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it please.

Are you absolutely, positively, unequivocally sure they are magnet links on those other torrent sites, not .torrent files?

VALE93, What browser are you using and what actually happens when you click on the magnet link?

Euan Huzarmy, when the box comes up that you are showing, do you click the o.k. button, if not then you need to do so. uTorrent no longer shows any magnet link files in this box, unsure if anything is going to be done about this in the future as is really annoying having to right click the files once they are loaded into uTorrent.

Yes other magnet links on other torrent sites work fine. The issue is with the Piratebay alone.

Clicking OK will download the file, although it does take a while to get started. The file will appear within the uTorrent GUI but once it completes it removes itself but the downloaded file remains in my downloads folder.

This issue is not so much that I cant download the files, it's more to do with that I cant preview the files and deselect stuff I don't want to download from the torrent. I also can't label the torrent. And also I can't use the playback option because the file removes itself from uTorrent. Instead I have to play the file by going to the files location and clicking it. That really isn't that big of an issue for me, but I would like to be able to choose which files to download and also label them. Also because the torrent removes itself I am unable to seed it back.

Euan, as DreadWingKnight has stated, if you are getting the files showing in the box that comes up then they are not coming from a Magnet Link. If you still insist they are, then let me know which site you are using and I will go and find out for myself as I believe it's an impossibility. As for selecting files you don't want to download, you need to do this from within uTorrent once the file appears there. Just highlight the file by clicking on it once, then click the files tab on the left hand side of the bottom section, then from the dropdown list click don't download. It may pay to pause the file straight away before doing this so as it doesn't start to download before you take action. I know it's a pain, but it's what we are stuck with at present.

Yes other magnet links on other torrent sites work fine. The issue is with the Piratebay alone.

HI, yes this problem is related to piratebay magnetic link. the problem is that nothing opens up, not even a blancpop up, nothing.

If you're getting the file list for the torrent, IT IS NOT A MAGNET LINK.

Period.

so you mean that the " GET THIS TORRENT" button it's not a magnet link..?

I'm using chrome, but i'm also using a proxy because pirate bay dns are locked down by the italian government. maybe this can be the issue.

If you need further infos let me know.

Thanks everybody for the help.

I would like to express my problem too.

I am using utorrent 3.1.3 with firefox. (win &)

I am trying to download from pirate bay but unfortunately i cant.

I have enabled the DHT (from option and from the bar below) and the UDP but nothing.

No proxy no firewall no peer guardian

Any advices?

Magnet link and Torrent link are totally different, the Magnet Link you click on the Pirate Bay looks like a magnet. If you bring up a list of files on The Pirate Bay then the Magnet Link is the one at the beginning of the line underneath the name of the Torrent.

sorry i didnt get it

As for using Firefox, I had problems connecting to Magnet Links through it. I got around it by entering a line of code into Firefox. Click the link below to see how I sorted it, my last reply has a link to the code I entered.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=116046

i will try it but i dont think this is the problem since the downloading doesnt start even if i copy the magnet link and add it as url

Yes i have.

I finally succeeded to start downolading some files.

i manually updated every tracker and url on the bottom of the screen again and again and somehow it started downloading.

But now the others torrents stopped!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Corwainer, it's been a long time since this post was started. I would suggest updating to the latest 3.2 beta version of utorrent. The 3.1.3 stable version has caused numerous problems, many of these have been addressed in the 3.2 beta versions, a bonus is that a window opens displaying files downloaded through a magnet link and so you can choose which files you want before they are loaded into utorrent.

Archived