Selecting files in utorrent to download?

openline

Hi,

I'm using v3.1. In an older version i was able to select the files in a torrent that a wanted to download. Now i don't seem to get that option and utorrent downloads all the files.

How do i get the option to select only 1 or some of the files in a torrent to download?

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried searching this forum. For torrent files - this question has been asked and answered 100+ times. It also has been answered for magnets - many times. And you do not state which one or both you are experiencing this problem(?). Try to provide enough information so a reply - assuming it has not been already addressed on this forum can be done..

I stand corrected. Files downloaded through a Magnet Link will only show up once they are in uTorrent itself, as DreadWingKnight so elegantly puts it, this has always been the case. You need to download files through Torrent link to view the files beforehand. There are sites however that now only give you Magnet Links, such as The Pirate Bay. This situation has annoyed quite a lot of people, so I suspect at some point that the developers of uTorrent will hopefully come up with something in the future.

I stand corrected. Files downloaded through a Magnet Link will only show up once they are in uTorrent itself, as DreadWingKnight so elegantly puts it, this has always been the case. You need to download files through Torrent link to view the files beforehand. There are sites however that now only give you Magnet Links, such as The Pirate Bay. This situation has annoyed quite a lot of people, so I suspect at some point that the developers of uTorrent will hopefully come up with something in the future.

This is absolutely correct, and I believe I have found a workaround to help with the issue.

If anyone could try this and let me know if it works I would appreciate it:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=117970

ThAnnn: It works that way. It has always worked that way. It has been posted that it works thta way many times.

The problem is: 1. People do not like it working that way. It has been reported that uTorrent is looking into handling magnets differently - when? Nobody knows yet.

2. People do not know how to search the forum So they keep posting the same problem and people who khow (such as yourself now) need to post the same answer again, again, and again.

ThAnnn: It works that way. It has always worked that way. It has been posted that it works thta way many times.

The problem is: 1. People do not like it working that way. It has been reported that uTorrent is looking into handling magnets differently - when? Nobody knows yet.

2. People do not know how to search the forum So they keep posting the same problem and people who khow (such as yourself now) need to post the same answer again, again, and again.

The problem is you. You have told me nothing new at all. At least with what I have posted, there is a workaround. I don't like it working this way either, that's why its called a workaround. You're not the only one that's searched the forums a hundred times, and my suggestion wasn't in any of them. You're hating is only preventing people from finding a solution to their problem.

Your answer number one has nothing to do with anything, and number two is just bitching about your assumption that I haven't read everything you have. Useless.

My point is that it successfully stops the torrent after the .torrent file is downloaded, automatically. As long as you use 'force start' under those settings.

Archived