how do i set utorrent to not download some files?

steve51184

hi all i don't want utorrent downloading some files (nfo files, sfv files, subtitles and samples etc) is there any way i can make it so utorrent doesn't automatically download them?

i know i can use the 'run program' function to have a custom script run after the download has finished but 1. i'm using that function for something else (auto extracting) and 2. it'll deleted them AFTER the download meaning i'll still have to waste time downloading them

and i also know i can use the option 'show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advance mode' but then i'll manually have to deselect all the files and i was looking for a more automated option

thanks

I would think you need to move this to a New Feature request. I do suppose an enhancement that would allow you to enter file types to default to don't download could be developed. It would be interesting to see how much time it would need (perhaps to long) for it to walk through the torrent, determine the file type and see if it is on the "Don't Download File Types List". Perhaps limit the list to a fix number to reduce overall processing time. Perhaps it should be a "Plus" feature.

hi all i don't want utorrent downloading some files (nfo files, sfv files, subtitles and samples etc) is there any way i can make it so utorrent doesn't automatically download them?

There isn't, and it's a duplicate request.

Not to mention the fact that these files would get downloaded anyway because of cross-file pieces.

I would think you need to move this to a New Feature request. I do suppose an enhancement that would allow you to enter file types to default to don't download could be developed. It would be interesting to see how much time it would need (perhaps to long) for it to walk through the torrent, determine the file type and see if it is on the "Don't Download File Types List". Perhaps limit the list to a fix number to reduce overall processing time. Perhaps it should be a "Plus" feature.

maybe a mod should move this topic?

There isn't, and it's a duplicate request.

Not to mention the fact that these files would get downloaded anyway because of cross-file pieces.

but if i can select not to download any *.nfo files with the 'show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advance mode' option it can't be to hard just to have them auto unselected can it? :/

Archived