No Incoming Connections

Meraklis56

Today i bought a router (speedtouch 585i) and i port forwarded utorrent's port and it says that there arent incoming connections...I tried 2 different torrents..The strange that it downloads with good speeds...

ps1.sorry if i post this thread in wrong section

ps2.anyone help,plz

You're firewalled, but you can still download+upload with people who aren't firewalled...some of them may have fast lines, so you get good speeds.

But because ALL firewalled users can only download+upload with people who aren't firewalled...you'd get better download speeds (assuming you're not hitting max already) unfirewalled.

i tried dabears the port checker.it says that it is closed.I tried port forwarding according portforward.com in 2 different ports and nothing...firon i use sygate firewall pro and always says (when is t art utorrent) that (one ip) scans my ports and it disables it...it beggins from 192.xxx.x.xx ...so there is something with my software firewall..i will try to fix it.if i made it i will tell it

edit:i will try new firewall

I'm having a similar problem. I've been playing with this thing for hours, and I can't get anything to download. Granted, I knew nothing about anything before tonight, but I've read just about everything that I thought would do me any good. I've forwarded my ports (twice), but the check is still telling me that they're not open. I've disabled firewalls and all sorts of fun stuff, but nothings is working. I did get a very slow download started a while ago, but after a few minutes, it just stopped.

Is there something I'm missing? I'll do anything to make that yellow light go away.

i was in holidays.sorry.Well let me tell me some details

i have static 512kbps dsl and a speedtouch585i router and as far i know to forward a prog i must go to router's page 10.x.x.xxx and just put the prog and the ports as portforward.com says.

if there is any other way tell me with some details cause i am new to the routers

I too have climbed in this boat.

I've had no troubles until I recently connected my Belkin F5D7230-4 wireless router.

I've tried the test if port is forwarded properly before (on µtorrent 1.5) before I plugged in the router and I remember it said that port wasn'tforwarded correctly...

Then It didn't seem to matter since everything seemed to run smoothly (I honestly can't remember if I had that yellow warning mark then :) ).

I have followed the port forward instructions step by step.

* I changed my wireless network connection to static IP.

* I disabled the randomize port each time torrent starts.

* I set the port number from µtorrent in my router settings (192.168.2.1).

* I checked peerguardian2, and it doesn't report that it's blocking that IP told by portforward.com.

Accordingly to ipconfig /all, I only had one DNS (not any alternative ones), so I left the second DNS field blank in Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)settings.

I can browes the web. No problem.

Still, after forwarding port, I get port not forwarded properly when running the µtorrent test.

What have I missed?

[useless quoting removed by moderator]

Sorry. N00b as I am to networking, I don't understand.

This is what ipconfig told me:

DHCP activated - No

IP-adress - 192.168.2.2

Netmask - 255.255.255.0

Standard Gateway - 192.168.2.1

DNS servers - 192.168.2.1

µTorrent is with a red icon at the bottom telling me that I'm not connectable. :(

[useless quoting removed by moderator]

Thanks.

At first I thought this fixed the problem, but after a while the yellow icon came back.

Still no luck with testing port forwarding.

Merged double post(s):

I finaly got this fixed!

After some randomly fiddleing with router settings, resulting in massive chaos and not being able to connect to anything! :D

I had to hod the reset button on my Belkin router pushed while plugging back the power cable to make it forgett everything!

I again set up for static IP and ran the instructions on portforward.com to make sure I didn't do anything wrong the first time. The thing I also did, (don't know if it was this or human error last time), was to allow incommin and outgoing tcp port connections in ZA firewall.

It runs great now and the port forward test shows OK!

:edit

No it wasn't the ZA settings. I just checked by removing the allow incomming tcp ports. So I guess I made some misstake the first time I tried! :P

Thanks to all who tried to help a fool out! :D

EDIT by silverfire: The now-bolded edit function exists for a good reason. Please use it instead of double posting.

• 1 year later...

I am having same problem, but i do not use router.

My config is: win XP SP2, Web'n'walk usb HDSPA stick (T-Mobile Austria), win firewall, AVG antivirus, S&D Spybot, automatic IP and DNS, NO router/LAN.

I tried w and w/o port randomization, bittorrent is allowed in firewall options, and i added port allowance manually.

Checked on GRC ShieldsUp, all possible ports seemed to be closed. Also tried to disable firewall, antivirus etc.

Also, i cannot surf while using Bittorrent/utorrent. It's way too slow. With Gnutella agent speed is normal, even when the bandwidth usage is far greater. Tried to limit download to 30kb and upload to 15kb. Doesn't work.

Please help... it's really frustrating!!

Thx

Sorry, looks like i found source of my frustrations, at least for the first problem:

"Wireless/satellite Internet connection users: Chances are, you will be permanently firewalled, and will not be able to forward your ports. This is not to be confused with regular wireless LAN connections."

From Speed problems section

Guess i'm outta luck.

Wireless ISPs place their customers behind their business-grade wireless routers which are NOT port forwarded...except by paying them extra fees. That's why you're firewalled probably.

You need far more conservative settings when using wireless and moreso when using wireless through USB. (shared serial not good for random access!)

Try the 1st and 2nd links in my signature...though you'll probably need even more conservative settings than I have listed in my 2nd signature. :(

• 6 months later...

I had this same problem. After creating a static IP, opening port etc. I still got the yellow no incoming connections warning.

I should have checked this sooner, (btw I'm running XP) but I went to control panel/security center/manage security setting for firewall---and although Utorrent had added itself under the exceptions tab, my don't allow exceptions was checked!! Unchecked it, Duh. Hope this helps someone!! :/

Archived