"Error: Not enough storage space is available to process this Command"

galmeida

Hi, I'm trying to download a torrent with 27GB on a network hard drive with 1,8TB free and in NTFS. The hard drive is connected to a USB port on a ASUS router and I've defined the download directory with a drive letter as it's a network drive.

I get the error from the subject when downloading. The download starts and after a couple of minutes I get this error. I tried to re-check and force it but the error comes back again. I've changed the settings so the uTorrent download directory is the network drive and I still get the same error.

I've changed the download directory to a local hard disk directory and the download goes without problems even the disk has only 6GB free.

I believe this has to be with the network hard drive because it only happens when downloading to it.

Can someone help me on this because it's driving me crazy that I can't use the network drive?

Important information:

Wndows 7 Professional 64-bit

Hard disk of 2TB with 1,8TB free connected via a USB port on a ASUS router. Mapped as a network drive letter.

uTorrent 3.1.3 (build 27220) [32-bit]

Thank you in advance.

Gonçalo

What internet security software do you have installed?

Does the problem persist with 3.2, 3.2.1 or 3.3?

Hi DreadWingKnight,

I've tested in 3.2 and the same problem. I changed the download directory to my local drive and it all went well. I've changed back to the network hard drive, but this time using the full network address with "\\" and not the network drive letter and got the same problem, however the error changed a little bit, it's now

"Error: WriteToDisk: Not enough storage is available to process this command. "

I've also started a new torrent on the network drive with 600MB and I was able to download it all.

I believe this has to be with the size of the torrent and the network drive. Does utorrent has any problem with huge torrents on network hard drives?

Thanks,

Gonçalo

Archived