trackers stuck on update, no download though many seeds

Peacefrog

Hi,

This is my first post, I am not so good at technical terms and a noob in all, and my language is not English, so please bear with me !

I've been using µtorrent for a long time and never had this problem before :

I've added 2 new torrents for download that just won't start. I am currently dowloading something else, so I guess it's not a connection or firewall problem, and it's not a seeding problem for sure, there are over a 1000 seeders for both these torrents (announced on piratebay, but I tried them at a friend's place and it is what he gets).

When I check the trackers status, they're just stuck on updating, nothing happens if I try to update them.

And it just seems that µtorrent doesn't even find the file's info - no file size or anything has registered, all the info stays blank.

I've been looking at a lot of topics on forums and can't find a solution, I even followed some admin's suggestion to download a foolproof torrent in order to check if my chosen torrents had a problem or not, but, though this last torrent registered info, still no downloading or anything going on, and the trackers are stuck on update just the same.

(I could show a screen capture but I don't know how to do that !).

Any idea of what could cause this ?

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post, I am not so good at technical terms and a noob in all, and my language is not English, so please bear with me !

I've been using µtorrent for a long time and never had this problem before :

I've added 2 new torrents for download that just won't start. I am currently dowloading something else, so I guess it's not a connection or firewall problem, and it's not a seeding problem for sure, there are over a 1000 seeders for both these torrents (announced on piratebay, but I tried them at a friend's place and it is what he gets).

When I check the trackers status, they're just stuck on updating, nothing happens if I try to update them.

And it just seems that µtorrent doesn't even find the file's info - no file size or anything has registered, all the info stays blank.

I've been looking at a lot of topics on forums and can't find a solution, I even followed some admin's suggestion to download a foolproof torrent in order to check if my chosen torrents had a problem or not, but, though this last torrent registered info, still no downloading or anything going on, and the trackers are stuck on update just the same.

(I could show a screen capture but I don't know how to do that !).

Any idea of what could cause this ?

Thanks

which version of utorrent you are using

It seems there is a port problem, though I've opened them properly... I've been going through tons of forums, trying to apply the provided suggestion, nothing seems to work.

I've downloaded Bittorrent ! :(

Would love to go back to utorrent though, so any help is always welcome.

Actually, the funniest thing happenned since I dowloaded Bittorrent : µtorrent works again ! So, I have no idea what caused the problem in the first place, but it seems once they're competing with one another it gives them a boost ! :lol:

Thanks for taking an interest in my problem, it seems I'm out of trouble now.

Archived