µTorrent 3.2.2 / 3.2.3 Stable

bigfalls

Download the new version here

Release highlights for µTorrent 3.2.2 / 3.2.3 include:

- Fixed peer ID bug causing disconnects

- Windows-8 compatible

- New offer platform displays in-client offers from BitTorrent and software partners

- Fixed crashes in "add torrent" dialog and numerous other crash fixes

- Numerous bug fixes

- Small improvements to magnet link handling

- OK/Cancel moved to bottom right of add torrent dialog

- Twitter/Facebook icons - click to like and/or dismiss

Add torrent dialog changes:

- Add Torrent dialog displays magnet link data

- Layout changed to display more files at once

- Fixed discrepancy between single and multi-file torrent save directories

And here is the detailed change log for µTorrent 3.2.2 / 3.2.3:

-- 2012-12-07: Version 3.2.3 Stable (build 28705)

- Fix: Auto-update version verification bug (Bug fix required a version change from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3)

- Fix: Crash in magnet uri

- Fix: Plus activation bug

- Fix: Off-by-one error in policypeeraccumulator

- Fix: Hang on shutdown

- Fix: Downloading metadata bug

- Fix: Maintain upload rate limit when switching off download limit

-- 2012-11-21: Version 3.2.2 Stable (build 28595)

- Fix: Activation error dialogs showed up unexpectedly

- Fix: settings keeps asking for uconnect computer name

- Fix: http headers are now compatible with private trackers

- Fix: Install / Uninstall race condition

- Change: Include all trackers in "Copy Magnet URI" command, not just the first

tier

-- 2012-11-08: Version 3.2.2 Stable (build 28500)

-Fix: peer ID bug causing disconnects

-- 2012-11-02: Version 3.2.2 RC 2 (build 28447)

- Fix: unchecking files in add torrent dialog was broken

- Fix: potential crash when anti-virus scanning would fail

-- 2012-10-30: Version 3.2.2 Release Candidate 1 (build 28407)

- Fix: Client shuts down quicker

- Fix: Torrents deleted quicker

-- 2012-10-30: Version 3.2.2 Beta 6 (build 28379)

- Fix: Malformed web seed HTTP requests for files with spaces in their name

- Fix: Language files downloading issue in BitTorrent

- Fix: Font and dialog size reduction

- Fix: Crash in text parsing

-- 2012-10-24: Version 3.2.2 Beta 5 (build 28326)

- Fix: Multiple crashes in the user interface

- Fix: existing files would not be re-checked when adding a resolved magnet link in add torrent dialog

- Fix: Remove redundant virus warning when opening files

- Change: Put offers settings in the offers namespace in the advanced listing

-- 2012-10-18: Version 3.2.2 Beta 4 (build 28246)

- Fix: Inadvertent change to torrent view when on other views

- Fix: Small memory leak

- Fix: Crashes in offer code

-- 2012-10-15: Version 3.2.2 Beta 3 (build 28198)

- Change: Improve status message for magnet links that need DHT when DHT is disabled

- Feature: Extend UDP trackers to send request string from url

- Fix: Properly display Featured Content background when no offer available

- Fix: Various small memory leaks

-- 2012-10-09: Version 3.2.2 Beta 2 (build 28138)

- Added: Plus users are offer free for life

- Removed ability to right-click and close Plus banner in lower left corner

- Fix: Multiple crashes on startup

- Fix: Minor display issues in the Featured Torrent window

- Fix: Crash when proxy setting is invalid

- Fix: Show torrent pane when torrent added from offer

- Fix: Add advanced option to turn off randomized peer IDs

- Fix: Minor improvements to left hand rail offer

-- 2012-10-05: Version 3.2.2 Beta 1 (build 28110)

- Fix: the divider auto-sizing feauture of list view

- Fix: lowered uT-remote timeouts, for more responsive connectivity to server

- Fix: SSDP notifies would sometimes advertize the wrong IP

- Fix: typo in DHT scrape response

- Fix: Display issues in Featured Torrent window

- Fix: Crashes in frames

- Improved download and execute experience for featured torrents

- Improved offer window rotatioin

- Added control to turn off in-client offers

- Add support for Asian languages in offer windows

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I can't trust Firon anymore to relay these to the other devs, here are a few issues that need to be addressed:

1. If you bring up the torrent deletion confirmation dialog box while a torrent is being renamed (how I did this I don't know), confirming the delete will render the Escape key unusable. You can no longer hide uTorrent or close dialog forms with it until you initiate a torrent rename.

2. My default gateway showed up in the peers list several times in several torrents. Could be related to the tracker returning a peer with an IP of 127.0.0.1.

3. Torrent selection order is wrong. Ever since 3.1(?) if you delete the currently selected torrent, the selection moves to the torrent previous torrent alphabetically, even if you don't have the torrent list sorted by name.

4. I guess a side-effect of bug #3 is that the after that happens, the Detailed Info pane shows info for the wrong torrent (it's not showing info for the highlighted torrent).

5. If uTorrent is minimized to the system tray, clicking on the uTorrent shortcut that is pinned to the task bar restores uTorrent to a minimized state.

6. If uTorrent is minimized to the system tray and you open a .torrent file (to bring up the Add New Torrent dialog), clicking on uTorrent pinned to the task bar to minimize it to the system tray doesn't work. You have to click twice. I guess this is because the Add New Torrent dialog is focused instead of the main form.

7. The uTorrent installation wizard still appears every time you update uTorrent.

8. The Add New Torrent dialog has at least two issues. One I circled, one I didn't (hint: it's the terrible layout/wasted space): http://stfcc.org/pics/i/a31a0c1b20fc93bde124f3bd52676a50.png

9. Setting speed limits cause actual transfer speeds to drop far below the limit.

What's the change between 28500 and 28502?

Hmmm bugger!!! I was hoping that this particular forum app didn't lock search IDs to cookie/session IDs.

But hey-ho

So for Skates the instructions are:

Open http://forum.utorrent.com/search.php

Type in or paste "Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>." (including the quote marks) into the search box, click Search (or press <Enter> and the information you need will magically appear.

Hmmm bugger!!! I was hoping that this particular forum app didn't lock search IDs to cookie/session IDs.

But hey-ho

Type in or paste "Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>." (including the quote marks) into the search box, click Search (or press <Enter> and the information you need will magically appear.

Unfortunately that is not the right answer, this is particular to 3.2.2 only as I have tried it on multiple computers without any success. Downgrading to 3.2.1 solves the problem!

But hey-ho

Type in or paste "Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>." (including the quote marks) into the search box' date=' click Search (or press <Enter> and the information you need will magically appear.[/quote']

Unfortunately that is not the right answer, this is particular to 3.2.2 only as I have tried it on multiple computers without any success. Downgrading to 3.2.1 solves the problem!

Well as the instructions were for how to use the forum search I believe that it was the right answer.

Great to see a stable version after the many betas / RC's, thanks!

An important tiny feature request (regarding "Add New Torrent" dialog):

Could you please make the "Create Subfolder" checkbox remember its last state (checked / unchecked)? It would be awesome - that's the only feature i really miss from this stable build at the moment...

That is impossible! Collaberative software versioning systems do NOT allow that to happen.

Implement fix, change build number, release as same version number, they've done this a number times, check out 3.1's changelog where 26591, 26593, 26595, 26616, 26650 and 26671 are all "stable" 3.1. Collaberative software versioning systems indeed :rolleyes:

The reason why it's nice to have fixes without having the version number change is because there's no delay in installing these versions and running them on private trackers which require validation of new versions. I'd like to propose that smaller bug fixes are done in this manner rather than waiting sometimes months for a new .1 version to release. Do you really want to wait until 3.3 is out before these bugs are fixed? That could be some months away.

Doing it this way is a much better solution, just focus on the bugs.

The last number represents 'builds', which is where the source files are compliled into the executable versions, .exe, .dll etc. Each build number MAY or MAY NOT indicate that a change was made to the source, simply that a compile was done and the resultant installation was released and distributed as the current version for alpha or beta testing, or as a RC or stable release.

Since I can't trust Firon anymore to relay these to the other devs, here are a few issues that need to be addressed:

1. If you bring up the torrent deletion confirmation dialog box while a torrent is being renamed (how I did this I don't know), confirming the delete will render the Escape key unusable. You can no longer hide uTorrent or close dialog forms with it until you initiate a torrent rename.

2. My default gateway showed up in the peers list several times in several torrents. Could be related to the tracker returning a peer with an IP of 127.0.0.1.

3. Torrent selection order is wrong. Ever since 3.1(?) if you delete the currently selected torrent, the selection moves to the torrent previous torrent alphabetically, even if you don't have the torrent list sorted by name.

4. I guess a side-effect of bug #3 is that the after that happens, the Detailed Info pane shows info for the wrong torrent (it's not showing info for the highlighted torrent).

5. If uTorrent is minimized to the system tray, clicking on the uTorrent shortcut that is pinned to the task bar restores uTorrent to a minimized state.

6. If uTorrent is minimized to the system tray and you open a .torrent file (to bring up the Add New Torrent dialog), clicking on uTorrent pinned to the task bar to minimize it to the system tray doesn't work. You have to click twice. I guess this is because the Add New Torrent dialog is focused instead of the main form.

7. The uTorrent installation wizard still appears every time you update uTorrent.

8. The Add New Torrent dialog has at least two issues. One I circled, one I didn't (hint: it's the terrible layout/wasted space): http://stfcc.org/pics/i/a31a0c1b20fc93bde124f3bd52676a50.png

9. Setting speed limits cause actual transfer speeds to drop far below the limit.

What's the change between 28500 and 28502?

I'm still the one relaying it anyway... :) These are all added to the backlog.

For #7, can you clarify how you're updating the client? Are you autoupdating (like, help -> check for updates) and seeing the installer?

Or are you just running the installer? You should see the installer if you're doing the latter, since the build # changed. It's expected behavior.

The new 3.2.2 release is having issues with a few private trackers, the following error message is displayed and downloads are not starting:

"Tracker sending invalid data: <NULL>."

The previous stable 3.2.1 release works without issue.

The tracker is sending invalid data, though we could be more helpful and actually show a snipper of what they sent. That was the intent of the error, but at some point it stopped showing that and only shows null/

Tracker responses should always be valid bencoded data. This error means it's not.

Wireshark it and complain to the tracker, basically.

and for the tracker admins that are reading... 3.2.2 sends the Accept-Language header with the user's system language. Seems like some of you are doing HTTP fingerprinting, so in the interest of making it work again, we'll just remove the header. Probably the next build.

-- 2012-11-08: Version 3.2.2 Stable (build 28500)

-- 2012-11-02: Version 3.2.2 RC 2 (build 28447)

Still on build 28447

4 days after new build uT say: There is no new version available at this time. :rolleyes:

3.2.2.28500 available here:

http://user.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable

I know that, but why it say no new version when I click on Check for Updates?

Archived