AVG 2014 uninstalled uTorrent

borris

This might be a coincidence, but I removed Avast's latest version to install AVG 2014. After I installed, updated, scanned, and restarted my system I noticed uTorrent NOT in my system tray (in WinXP pro SP3). I ran the shortcut and nothing happened. I went to the install folder and it was empty. My seeds folder was untouched, but just the idea that installing the AV physically deleted one of my most used programs was pretty upsetting. It runs fine after I redownloaded it, fortunately.

Has this been an issue in the past? I got no results for "AVG uninstalls uTorrent" in a forum search. I am VERY leary on continuing running AVG now, since it has always been my prefered AV. My favorite program being deleted by my favorite AV is an absolute kick in the groin to me, so I am really hoping that uTorrent just magically uninstalls itself when you decide to change AVs.

** Forgot to say, I was not sure where to post this since it didn't seem like Bug Report material.

Forgot to say, I was not sure where to post this since it didn't seem like Bug Report material.

It isn't, and it is NOTHING to do with uTorrent OR AVG. Avast has a application 'sandboxing' feature that allows applications to run in a 'protected mode', so as soon as you removed Avast you ALSO removed any and alll applications that were 'sandboxed'.

Archived