(Not Responding) 3.3.2, and 3.4

nickg131

Didn't have any issues with 3.3.2, then got the auto update thing, it updated me to 3.4, and now uTorrent automatically comes up "Not Responding" immediately after opening the program. Nothing is downloading, can't add new torrents.

Uninstalled, reinstalled 3.3.2, same thing. Tried manually installing 3.4, same thing.

So...now neither version works, after a complete uninstall and reinstall of both available builds. I end up having to manually axe the .exe from the task manager to get it to shut down.

Anyone know what is going on?

I guess I wasn't clear above. But, it locks up now, now matter what version I use.

I currently have 3.3.2 installed, and the program will open, and show me my empty download list, and then immediately says "Not Responding" and will not do anything further. No settings can be changed, nothing can be done. And this happens with 3.3.2. Not JUST 3.4

I have tried all of those things. There was no issue until the update applied itself, and now it won't work, regardless. I've run my AV several times, run as admin, set permissions, everything.

No other programs on my computer have any issues, it is only uTorrent.

Maybe the uninstall isn't working fully, and there are conflicting files from 3.4 still causing the crash? Is there any trick to deleting all of uTorrent to start over? Like I said, I've uninstalled it with the normal uninstall method, and reinstalled, trying both 3.4 and 3.3.2, and it doesn't work.

Thank you for your replies trying to help, but I've already tried the "Obvious" things that everyone always suggests. AV, reboot, reinstall, etc etc. I don't come to troubleshooting with questions unless obvious answers have been ruled out.

So you want to cleanup? go to all the exe's locations, look around for all *.dat, back them up, and delete. Goto %appdata%\utorrent and do the same. Take 3.3.2 exe put it in a new directory *together* with my settings (per my instructions/guide). Run it. Change paths/port#/limits/connctions if needed. That's it. You have a new "install"...

Now try to copy your old dat files (exceot the settings... ) if you have valuable stuff in them...

yes. SAME AS ME. before have no problem. since last update, can't download anymore. So i delete and reinstall. NO WORK. delete and reinstall previous version. NO WORK.

read somewhere the version 1.8 would work. delete and install uTorrent 1.8 ... still CAN NOT DOWNLOAD.

anyone can help me how to figure out?

maybe play TeamViewer and see my definitions or something.

Archived