µTorrent 1.6.1 released

Firon

1.6.1 released with some bugfixes. Some people report a crashing issue when removing torrents, so please test it and report your findings.

--- 2007-02-13: Version 1.6.1 (build 490)

- Fix: PECompact bug causing crashes

--- 2007-02-12: Version 1.6.1 (build 489)

- Feature: Select upload/download speed for a torrent through the rightclick menu

- Feature: Added encryption box to speed guide

- Change: Don't check as many pieces at the same time.

- Change: Misc WebUI changes.

- Change: Switch to JSON for webinterface

- Fix: Problem with category list in the gui when updated from the webui

- Fix: WebUI not clearing state between requests.

- Fix: Redirect also index.html to guest.html

- Fix: Added On Now shows the time it's added, not loaded.

- Fix: JSON uses " instead of '

- Fix: (a) Upnp fix

- Fix: Show pause icon when checking is paused.

- Fix: Fixed problems with XML parser

- Fix: Don't allow two message boxes to be shown in the RSS window

- Fix: Changed some window titles

- Fix: Fix malformed .torrent exploit

- Fix: Boss key field is now larger

http://download.utorrent.com/1.6.1/utorrent.exe

If you'd like to be notified of new releases by e-mail, please visit this thread.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2971

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPnP fix, additional fix for the torrent exploit (483 fixed a stack buffer overflow which solved the crash, but the heap buffer overflow was fixed now too), and I dunno what else. 483 was a LONG time ago.

489 was released, no changes except built with an updated compiler to hopefully solve the random crash issue.

So? No one's paying you to stick around, so I don't see why you bother explaining your actions. Go spread your FUD elsewhere. I'd try to convince you that there's nothing wrong with µTorrent, as you're a long-time user, but I sorta got tired of it after all those threads bashing ludde/µTorrent just because µTorrent got sold to BitTorrent Inc -- NOT the MPAA.

filehippo.com and some other threads here note build 488 as the latest version. Here we've got 489 with the same changelog. What are the changes in between?

Thanks for making the most stable torrent client even more rock solid. You rock!

BTW, why don't you include the excellent help file by Ultima also and link it with the F1 key in the next build?

So? No one's paying you to stick around, so I don't see why you bother explaining your actions. Go spread your FUD elsewhere. I'd try to convince you that there's nothing wrong with µTorrent, as you're a long-time user, but I sorta got tired of it after all those threads bashing ludde/µTorrent just because µTorrent got sold gto BitTorrent Inc -- NOT the MPAA.

Guess you got it wrong, buddy. Have never bashed ludde/µTorrent. Being a programmer myself, I can't but admire ludde's work. And as you say, I'm a long-time user, and just like you, have a right to my opinion.

You are supposed to moderate the forum, not to flame it...

I sorta got tired of it after all those threads bashing ludde/µTorrent just because µTorrent got sold to BitTorrent Inc -- NOT the MP AA

so what is your point Bit Torrent Inc has been sold out to MPAA instead which now bought utorrent ;)

utorrents name has been stomped in the mud now and even if it doesn't change at all its untrustworthy by rights [copyrights as well]

its been good but nope I will never need any utorrent updates ever again :(

and by the way we didn't sell out utorrent so if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen

@supersoft: Sorry, it's you who has it all wrong. Re-read what I wrote and honestly tell me if I really claimed that you ever flamed ludde. I said "all those threads bashing ludde/µTorrent" -- IN GENERAL. Sure, everyone has a right to their own opinions, but spreading FUD isn't just voicing that opinion. It's spreading false rumors.

@blanktorrent: The heat's been ALL in the forums, and I've stuck it out for long enough. I don't think I need to be getting out now, after the flame's dying out. What I'm not understanding is why it hasn't died out yet, as there's been no substance to keep the hypothetical flame burning.

Anyhow, this is veering off topic, so I'm dropping my end of this dialogue right here before it progresses further off topic.

naah utorrent is for the brain dead now LOL

If you say you are female enough times you start buying bra's just like you believe mpaa has nothing to say about Brahms ventures and doings. anyways gotta go and find some good movie that will be released soon in the theaters

ooops that got me banned cool because I can't find a close account option ;)

Ok, re-read the whole thread and can't honestly say you claimed I flamed ludde or the client. I apologise for that.

Maybe it is true that MPAA has no control over µT but programmaticaly, transitive flow goes like this:

MPAA(funds) => BitTorrent(funds) => µTorrent

Now you tell me honestly if this doesn't look suspicious...

MPAA doesn't fund BitTorrent either. There's an agreement for BT to provide legal downloads on their site and remove copyrighted content indexed on BitTorrent.com at their request. They have no control over the client or anything beyond that.

Can any of you that are having crashes test beta 483 to see if it crashes too? http://download.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent-1.6.1-beta-build-483.exe

Archived