Queued Seed ?????

NetGhost

You probably have other torrents that you are seeding. There is a limit to how many torrents you can have active. If you want, you can change that number in the options.

You don't need to do anything, unless you're really desperate to seed a certain torrent. Then you should right-click and choose "Force", or go to the properties dialog and set the prioritized seed ratio to your desired ratio. In this way, the torrent will be prioritized (noted by a * in the # column).

You probably have other torrents that you are seeding. There is a limit to how many torrents you can have active. If you want, you can change that number in the options.

Don't be surprised if you see more active torrents than you specified in that setting. By default, uTorrent does not count torrents which are very slow (< 1Kb/s). This behaviour is defined in the advanced settings.

• 1 month later...
Besides wat it is stated by QauNuckShin, Queued Seed also happens when u are not connected to any leechers/peers or there are none.

Can that behaviour be turned off? I am on a private tracker where the users are requested to seed all individual torrents to 100% but the queued seed torrents are not registered on that tracker as being seeded.

I've set Max number of active torrents to 100 and use utorrent 1.3.1 beta 389

On the torrent you can Right-click ▶ Force Start to make it seed again.

Thanks for the response. A torrent on force start doesn't obey the "seed while ratio is" rules, and i want to stop seeding them at certain ratio's to avoid overseeding. So Force start doesn't do the trick for me...

Is there an option not to let utorrent put any torrents on queued seed?

Hmm...you're right. :/ The thing is, I believe µTorrent has it hard-coded to not seed more than 6 (or so) torrents at once (without Force Restart)...this is to ensure reasonable speeds for peers - and to protect over-enthusiastic seeders. Since Force Restart doesn't obey the ratio rules, I'm not sure if this behaviour can be by-passed. Someone else will have to help you with this, since I really don't know what to do next... :|

• 3 years later...

> Is there an option NOT TO let utorrent put any torrents on QUEUED SEED?

Change/increase Maximum number of active torrents (upload and dowload) in uTorrent settings:

uTorrent Preferences > Queuing > Queue Settings > Maximum number of active torrents (upload and dowload).

Archived