uTorrent's Download History

evgeni99

Hey,

I have been using utorrent for the past few years, and I NEVER saw any applications for the program's download history. I might have missed it all these years (which I doubt). However, I still hope there is, and if anyone could direct me into finding this it would be HIGHLY appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

You should find a list of the .torrent files in your uTorrent data directory, however, which serves as a sort-of history.

A history does serve a practical use in that it shows you if you've already downloaded something and when. Pretty obvious, really. I've long wanted it in the program.

No, it means you leave them in the list without deleting. It doesn't mean you can't stop them. If it's "cluttering" your list, then add them to some History label. It makes no sense why you would want to remove the torrent from the list, but yet, have µTorrent remember it.

Are we talking about the same thing? Having hundreds of defunct torrents that you've long since stopped dealing with listed in the main window? The window where you expect to see the few torrents that are currently active?

All I'm looking for is a record of what's come before that I can dip into as a memory aid if I'm questioning whether I've ever downloaded something. It goes without saying that this is not something you want to see by default every time you use the program. It could be something as simple as a text file which lists one download per line. It would be accessible via a menu or wherever.

• 3 years later...

As I already mentioned in another thread, this does not keep track of the history. It just looks only at the .torrent files in %appdata%\uTorrent, which isn't guaranteed to be a complete history, and doesn't contain old information about uploaded/downloaded amounts and such if you already removed the torrent job.

Archived