Torrents with passwords -WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

staigster

why o why o why do people who upload torrents insist on putting passwords on files

obviously want to share , why else would the create torrents in the first place

i downloaded this file from isohunt from the following uploader - [somesiteandsuch]

[specifics removed]

Password.url

redme.txt

and after scanning other torrent sites it is avilable accross the torrent site spectrum.

i followed the password link and all i got was a sponsor page , no pop up with password as i was informed i would get which would be followed by the password.

i aint the first time its happened either it is a pain in the arse and unnecessary so why do people do it

staigster

I usually end up searching torrent listings which link to where the torrent was originally from (like the search engine 'Verified Torrents'), and that's been able to get me passwords for almost all of the files I've downloaded.

The only files that manage to slip through that method are ones posted originally on non-English sites, and I've had to track down the label of the torrent (which isn't the same as the name of the torrent sometimes, and the torrent hasn't been submitted to the English site - such as Meganova - it merely uses the tracker) and then Googling that... ending up at the non-English site which I muddle through using Google Translate. <_<

It's a long route, but I've never wasted any downloads. =P

• 2 years later...

If you followed the directions (which, I assume, included providing a cell phone number) you will discover that you have, whether you intended to or not, joined some service which will bill to your cell phone each month until you cancel the service. This is a scam and a rip off but it is legal --- the same thing happens when you respond to come on's line "how high is your IQ" (apparently not, if you fall for the scam) -- I was a past victim --- BobB

Archived