Can I force a change of peers/seeds?

troo

A couple of torrents that I want are being particularly stubborn, with only periodic seeder availability. But then sometimes when there *are* seeds available, *I* won't be connected to them!

Is there a way to force uTorrent to connect to them? I've tried stopping and restarting, which doesn't seem to make a difference, and I've also tried "update tracker", which also doesn't seem to make a difference!

They probably aren't connectable.

Why would that be?

Note that sometimes I *do* connect to them, or at least to some seeder. It just seems to be random - I'll be "0(5)" for a while, then notice that I'm "1(3)", and then drop back to "0(1)" or whatever.

So there's no way I can insist that a certain peer be in my swarm, it's just whatever uTorrent decides?

Ohhhhh, ok, that makes sense, thank you!

I really don't think my firewall (ZoneAlarm) is the problem, both because I have it set to allow everything uTorrent through, and because I don't have this problem with most torrents, only some of them.

So basically, whether any peers are at "0(5)" or "12(89)", there's nothing I can do to "fix" it and improve my speed?

Archived