can I make utorrent my default torrent download program

abf92790a

... associating a program with opening a filetype is handled by windows. When you associate it, the default action will be to open with that program. If you have previously associated/opened it with multiple programs you can try right clicking on the .torrent and "open with" under the context menu.

If you want that to work in your browser, I'm not sure how that would be accomplished, since uT uses the default browser. Does BitLord allow you to specify a default load-from torrent folder like uT?

• 2 weeks later...

Go to preferences and under general, click "associate with torrent files". If you're running vista run utorrent as Adminastrator before associating the torrent files.

Reapeat for bitlord. (steps will likly be different for bitlord)

To open with utorrent or bitlord when you download a torrent just download and a Dialog should come up and ask if you want to open the file with... (then the name of the appication you want it to run with)

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem, and whenever I download something on the bottom of my screen it show my downloads (google chrome users should know what this is) and it always shows up in a frostwire icon beside, does anyone know how to fix this? it will be greatly appreciated

• 1 year later...

Go to %appdata%(C:\yourname\AppData\Roaming then in uTorrent folder then right click any torrent then click Properties then once you clicked it,you will see this:

Opens with : (Your torrent download program) Change

Click the change then click uTorrent

Then,your done!

Archived