How to stop a torrent immediately after the download is finished ?

Thunder

Hi,

I wanted to know how I can tell to µ to stop a specific torrent immediately after it's compelted (downloaded at 100%) ?

Thanks.

ps. Or if it's possible to set the priority of the torrents that upload and if it's possible to set "Limit the upload rate to when torrent has reached the seeding goal" in a specific torrent ?

you can't snatch 'n run, but you can limit an individual torrent's upload. I'm not sure if that goes around the min. upload; it did for a little while, but I'm sure that's been fixed.

the only client I know of that did that was burst (only other bt client i ever really "used"), and that's been dead for a couple years..

All torrents have the Ctrl-P -> Queueing options. That's where you set the options you're looking at. You set HOW MANY downloading torrents, HOW MANY total running torrents (download + upload), seeding goals (wait until 1.5 ratio AND 90 minutes have elapsed seeding before stopping, and what you set the limit to after reaching the goal.

All of this is in the µManual by the way, so you should check it out :D

i set mine to go by ratio, and yes 1.5 is a good ratio.

sometimes the minutes doesn't apply when the peers downloads soooooo slow, that it takes them a few days to make it to the 1.5 ratio

but at least the good thing is that keeps the Queued torrents rotating and alternating around.

You CAN "snatch 'n run" you just have to have other torrents queued after it. When it finishes the first torrent it moves it to the bottom of the list and starts downloading the next, during which time you can simply remove the completed one while it says "queued seeded". Where's the complexity in that?

I have no idea what all this "1.5 ratio and 90 minutes" stuff is. I guess you only have to worry about that when you can download faster than 10kB/s.

• 1 month later...

Archived