uTorrent crashes and disable internet conection ?

soeber

i have been running with utorrent for quite a while by now, and never had any problems..

then here today i just got my internet connection upped from 512 to 8mbs and first off there was no problems , and had my computer idle on utorrent all day, and not doing anything else on it.. then now i starts crashing , changing my internet connection to local only, and am unable to close utorrent.. i get it removed from traskbar , but it keep staying in memory.. but the internet is still off..

but if i restart all is fine.. just untill i open utorrent again .. WFT IS WRONG ?! :/

i use an Dlink DIR-635 router

I have the exact same problem! My downloads will work for about 10-20 minutes, then I have to reboot because *everything* Internet-related just stops working. I tried to reset the network connection (disable then enable), but that won't work. uTorrent, BitComet and BitTorrent all have the same issue - they freeze up, the internet crashes, ending the process won't work, rebooting is the only option.

I've set my maximum global connections (whatever it's called) to 75, I've tried several different download programs, I disabled Windows firewall and defender, installed (and uninstalled) a virusprogram, but it just keeps happening.

I think this stuff might help: http://www.thesmartass.info/writes/ase/computers/make-windows-vista-less-annoying.htm (further down he talks about uTorrent), but personally I connect to the internet directly through a cable.

I'm so confused. How do I open TCP ports without having a router? I'm far from tech savy.

well.. when i started the post i had 1.7.6 .. so the problem is there anyways

but i found a way to keep the download up.. every time internet shuts off, i just keep the utorrent open, go to my network and disable and re-enable it.. then i guess it will work for an hour more :/.. lol

ok.. now i have done

disabling peer.resolve_country

# Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200

# Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 4

hope it will work

• 2 years later...

Archived